ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discritionary leave to remain renewal is taking too long.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

supadupa

Discritionary leave to remain renewal is taking too long.

Post by supadupa » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:40 pm

Hi,

here's the short version of my story :
i entered the UK in may 2009 illegally but i already had a girlfriend who had just gave birth to my own son in january 2009
i then went to the home office and explained my self and the situation and supported that with some letters from my girlfriend and her family so i was given an ID card with no right to work or access to benefits and in december 2009 i had an interview in the Glasgow homeoffice building and was granted a 3 years discretionary leave to remain which expired in december 2012.
i had already sent for renewal in november 2012 and i received the confirmation of receipt of application, but i haven't heard anything back ever since, i tried calling and all i get is your application is in the queue, i also sent a letter and i received a reply within 2 weeks saying that my status remains the same until a decision is made.
well the problem is that i lost my job when SIA revoked my license ( i need it to work as a security guard ) and i couldn't get another job because every time i go for a job interview i get asked about my passport which i don't have and no one is accepting that letter i received from the immigration board.
so my question is : is there anyway i could hurry them up ?

Regards

Casa

Re: Discritionary leave to remain renewal is taking too long

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:47 pm

Have you approached your MP for help?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi Casa and thanks for the reply,
no i haven't approached my MP yet although it was suggested to me by a solicitor last week.
do you think he/she would help ? and would it really have an impact on the issue ?

Best regards

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:05 pm

It does often get things moving and you've nothing to lose by giving it a try.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:31 pm

i phoned my MP today and got an appointment to meet him in person next friday.
i will update this thread after the meeting.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Well done. Hope it goes well for you.
(Casa, not CR001)

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:18 pm

what form did you used ?

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:20 pm

@Odat, i can't remember what form i used but it was the one used to renew the discretionary leave to remain before the new forms came out in 2014.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:22 pm

there is 2 form for discretionary leave

DL FREE FEE AND FLR O £601

which one did u use ?
if you have been refuse asylum and granted a 3 years discretionary leave that mean you used DL form its free fee and take up to 12 month to get the Decision

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Free application home office took longer time to decide. No money no honey!!!!!!

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:56 am

yes indeed it was the free form.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:02 pm

supadupa wrote:yes indeed it was the free form.
its take 12 month if it take more then that keep call them and send them letter
do you have any criminal record ?
I submit my in January and im still waiting

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:35 pm

yes it was the DL form and it has been over 18 months since i submitted the application and still no decision has been made.
i had a meeting with my MP today and he basically said that this is unacceptable and he is going to phone them today or monday and he is going to chase them up with letters.
when i was at the solicitors few weeks ago i met a guy who is in the same situation as us and he has been waiting for over 2 years.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:04 pm

supadupa wrote:yes it was the DL form and it has been over 18 months since i submitted the application and still no decision has been made.
i had a meeting with my MP today and he basically said that this is unacceptable and he is going to phone them today or monday and he is going to chase them up with letters.
when i was at the solicitors few weeks ago i met a guy who is in the same situation as us and he has been waiting for over 2 years.
I seen many people they received the decision within 12 month
if you haven't received the decision by december 2015 you need to send ILR form because you are eligible for indefinite leave to remain after 6 years

because your previous leave to remain was to expire on December 2012 and it was extended by virtue of section 3c of the immigration act 1971 until the determination of your outstanding application submitted before you leave expired

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:28 pm

a quick update :
it has been over 2 weeks since i went to see my MP and i phoned the HO today to be told that my application is still outstanding and that i have to wait.
i'm getting really angry with this now, my life has been put on hold for the last 2 years and there is no sign of a decision being made anytime soon.

odat
Jordan

Post by odat » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:59 pm

supadupa wrote:a quick update :
it has been over 2 weeks since i went to see my MP and i phoned the HO today to be told that my application is still outstanding and that i have to wait.
i'm getting really angry with this now, my life has been put on hold for the last 2 years and there is no sign of a decision being made anytime soon.
its take about one month to your mp to reply
because he/she need to wait for the home office to reply to your mp
don't worry much you will received your Decision in october or november

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:57 am

I wonder why its taking H/O to reply people are extending their DLR papers and why waste 2 years without replying , me i think its better to be told no than to live in limbo for more than 2 years.

This is a breach of human rights i know H/O can say that if you tired of waiting you can go back to your country but its not fair .......i am so angry that these days i won't call them i just wait and wait till aliens reappear on earth (jokes)

fimboz

Post by fimboz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:08 pm

To all those who are waiting this is my story. I applied for extension of discretionary leave in February 2014. The UKBA did not acknowledge receipt of my application. In June 2014 I wrote to my MP requesting a follow up. They wrote to my MP after ten weeks advising receipt of my application and stating that the complex cases unit is dealing with my case. They hope to make decision within twelve months. It is unclear whether it is twelve months from the date of application or the date of follow up from my MP.

omobajay
Newly Registered

Post by omobajay » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:35 am

odat wrote:
supadupa wrote:a quick update :
its take about one month to your mp to reply
because he/she need to wait for the home office to reply to your mp
don't worry much you will received your Decision in october or november
@supadupa honestly there is no point rushing them or finding out where your application is again cz its been 2yrs already, you will qualify for ilr dec nxt year thats in 16months i know its tough no lie but if you can hang in there and just apply for your ilr dec 2015 and even still if they grant you now all you have to do is to apply for your ilr in 16months so let them do what they like, they actually took the piss cz it should only have taken 12months max

omobajay
Newly Registered

Post by omobajay » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:37 am

fimboz wrote:To all those who are waiting this is my story. I applied for extension of discretionary leave in February 2014. The UKBA did not acknowledge receipt of my application. In June 2014 I wrote to my MP requesting a follow up. They wrote to my MP after ten weeks advising receipt of my application and stating that the complex cases unit is dealing with my case. They hope to make decision within twelve months. It is unclear whether it is twelve months from the date of application or the date of follow up from my MP.
12 weeks from when you sent it, so expect a decision latest feb 2015, its because its free thats why they take the piss, hang in there it is well.

africangirl
Mozambique

Post by africangirl » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:17 am

Hi

Did anyone got any news from H/O i am just getting worried now the silence is too much .

I am now losing hope day by day hope someone will get good news soon

supadupa

Post by supadupa » Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi again everyone and thanks for your support,

another update just to say that there is nothing new and we are still waiting.
no update from the MP either.

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:44 pm

my story is the same discretionary leave after refusal of asylum made application in feb,recieved biometric letter in march and human right letter.biometric done,recieved letter from home office with my supporting documents in june.like husbands status and marriage certificate as my husband is a refuggee.so am still waiting its nearly 7mths now.got a job offer in the hospital but they cant take me.i told them to do employers check they refused and said am not yet employed by them.i went to mp last friday and told him.he wrote a letter to home office so am waiting for the reply he said that he will call me this week.i cant believe i saw him in person so whats the advise am i still going to wait long? why did the home office return my supporting documents is it a good thing and its months after that i have not had from them.pls give me some advice.

mkhan2525

Post by mkhan2525 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:53 pm

Has anyone asked their MP to refer their case to the parliamentary ombudsman? It should get things moving a lot quicker as well as giving them a grilling. There is no excuse for HO to provide appalling levels of service like this.

baker
Newly Registered

Post by baker » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:58 pm

I know ho is taking the peace.