ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Humanitarian Protection

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hambvart
Newly Registered

Humanitarian Protection

Post by hambvart » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:17 pm

Hey all,

I would kindly like to know if I am eligible to apply for humanitarian protection in the UK (I am not qualified for asylum- no actual danger threatens me) given my circumstances- I am openly gay, I am included in a 'black list of enemies to the nation and country' by a stupid nationalistic newspaper, their propagate violence and hate against me and my friends, and their is also a court case ongoing.
Important to note- there is no threat of physical harm to me, yet.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Humanitarian Protection

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:21 am

If you're threatened with violence then there is a danger and claiming asylum seems reasonable.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hambvart
Newly Registered

Post by hambvart » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:42 am

Dear Amber,

Thank you for your email.

The newspaper released an article 'The black list of enemies to the nation and State' with our Facebook profile links in which they called people to show no tolerance towards the listed people. The link to the original article
http://iravunk.com/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=57.

The newspaper also created a Facebook event 'no to gay lobbyist' and demonstrated a protest against us in front of the Court
(I photo is the black and white one at 1st vertical row, 3rd horizontal row )

But once more, none of us had experience physical threat yet.

Can one claim humanitarian protection from their home country? Thank you.

Thank you.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:25 pm

If there is on the balance of probabilities are real threat of violence, even if not yet initiated (because you haven't been back) then an asylum claim would be reasonable. If refused, HP may instead be granted.

You are not expected to return just to find out if you'll be hurt/killed.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.