ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LANDLORD LETTER AS ROOF OF ADDRESS

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

falcon786
Newly Registered

LANDLORD LETTER AS ROOF OF ADDRESS

Post by falcon786 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Dear friends please advice

I am going to dublin next month i want to apply for PPS number and bank account one of my friend is a lndlord of a house in which he also reside can he give me a simple letter confirming that i am going to be a tenant of the same house , this letter will be enough for the proof of residency to apply for PPS along with my British Passport Or residency should must be registerd with PRTB . i came to know if a lndlord live in the same property he don need to register with PRTB for new tenant .

what specific wording should be on the letter by mylandlord, do a tenancy agreement should also accompny with this letter ?

is there any more simple way to apply for PPS with British passport and proof of address from 2 different UK Banks and U.K utility bills.

Please advice the most Simplest & fastest way without the hassle of PRTB registration etc .

Thanks

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: LANDLORD LETTER AS ROOF OF ADDRESS

Post by banana07 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:56 pm

tenancy agreement or simple 2 lines letter form landlord saying that you are renting from him in xxxx address starting from day whatever is more than enough.. and no, he does not have to be registered in any way! in fact, many ppl just right that random letter to themselves haha! however with property tax, they may check if he pays taxes or not, then they may send him a random letter in couple of months saying that they have to pay the property tax (highly unlikely he did not pay, as the tax came in tact 3 years ago, and was enforced on everybody with no exception)

applying for pps require filling the form, ID (any country passport will work out), proof of address (tenancy agreement or letter from landlord, even a b&b is enough!) .. they dont expect any bills as nobody will open your bank account or give you anything if you do not have pps and proof of address..

getting a PPS is very easy in ireland and take max 5 working days, unlike UK, where they drain your blood to get it in couple of weeks!
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

falcon786
Newly Registered

Post by falcon786 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:43 pm

Thanks a lot Banana07

you advised in detail , i really appreciate . iam going to dublin for 3 days i want to make the best use of my time and want to do the max necessary registration etc in these 3 days so can i do like

get the letter from land lord and go straight to PPS office I i hear that some office are quite quick in these days and issue the card straight way on the counter if u apply in person ( is it true ? ).

after that should i go to AIB or BOI bank and request a basic account with the land lord letter or uk proofs ( will it work ? ) or atleast request a non resident account and later change it to resident account . i need to transfer some money from UK before i move there to live .

I also want to apply for self employ registration can u guide me how to do it on the same day can we do it online or by call as we do it in U.K without attending any office or sending paper application .

will i be able to apply for GP or medical registration within these 3 days . ( how the system works ? )

as you are local with more knowledge i will deeply appreciate if u give me a guideline how should i plan my these days to get as much things sorted out which u think are necessary .

is it possible that i can send u personal message or if u dont mind any of ur contact email etc , only if u like other wise never mind u already spend lot of ur timeto explain methe things .

Thanks

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:12 pm

falcon786 wrote:Thanks a lot Banana07

you advised in detail , i really appreciate . iam going to dublin for 3 days i want to make the best use of my time and want to do the max necessary registration etc in these 3 days so can i do like

get the letter from land lord and go straight to PPS office I i hear that some office are quite quick in these days and issue the card straight way on the counter if u apply in person ( is it true ? ).

after that should i go to AIB or BOI bank and request a basic account with the land lord letter or uk proofs ( will it work ? ) or atleast request a non resident account and later change it to resident account . i need to transfer some money from UK before i move there to live .

I also want to apply for self employ registration can u guide me how to do it on the same day can we do it online or by call as we do it in U.K without attending any office or sending paper application .

will i be able to apply for GP or medical registration within these 3 days . ( how the system works ? )

as you are local with more knowledge i will deeply appreciate if u give me a guideline how should i plan my these days to get as much things sorted out which u think are necessary .

is it possible that i can send u personal message or if u dont mind any of ur contact email etc , only if u like other wise never mind u already spend lot of ur timeto explain methe things .

Thanks
apply by going to social welfare office - its faster, especially if the employee moans, you still can hold your feet on the ground and argue (rarely moaning, but just in case)

no need to register with a GP, you can - once you need to visit a gp - show up to nearest GP to your home address and then they will fill your information (which will be shared with every other clinic/gp on need)

bank account is no straight forward - you need to convince them for the reason you are opening bank account.. that usually requires source of income detail (ie employment letter or self employee registration/tax return) and PPS number and proof of address (letter from landlord works too!).. all that to comply with the EU laws regarding money laundering and anti-terrorism

for self employed - at same time you register for PPS, tell the guy at counter to give you self-employed form.. you will always have ONE PPS number, and it will eventually be contacted to PAYE (full time employee) and/or Self-employed.. although you do not really have to be working as they wont be demanding any letter from employers, but good to have things put correct

as for contacting me - you can PM me, but if information are public, please post on forum, so other ppl coming here will have an idea on how-tos etc.. knowledge to all..

enjoy Eire.. you are not missing anything here :) If I was in your shoe, i would not leave UK.. I did that mistake 5 years ago.. ehem.. regretful now as to compare the two systems..
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

falcon786
Newly Registered

Post by falcon786 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Dear Friend i belive u havent done any mistake by relocating to Ireland , trust me life sounds much easier in ireland than U.K rules are being drastic here . any way thanks once again :)

quick question i want to ask u ,my landrod is in Sligo can i use letter which confirms my address in SLIGO to register for PPS number in social welfare office of Dublin OR it should must be done in the local office of the residence address area . ? more over someone posted on this board that according to new rules now PPS office must need to see an employment offer letter before they issue PPS not only the landlord letter ( is it true ? )

is it possible to get PPS number on the same day by attending the office in person ?

i tried my level best to get PPS and Self employee registraion application Forms but couldnot find any, they says it is on the website of the department but on the website there are all other forms except these , can u help me to get them downloaded so i can fill it up before my arrival .

I canot send u PM as i am new on this board :(

Thanks