ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to delay the extension approval date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

How to delay the extension approval date

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi,

I am have a Tier 1 visa initially issued in Nov 2009. I had been away for more then 360 days so my clock would be reset on the day i returned on 28 June 2012. I will be applying to extend my visa soon If I will get three years then I will be fine but but if and based on conservative rule basis if I will get only 2 years extension then I may be short of some four months to complete 5 years. I am thinking of applying through post to minimize the risk (on the last of current visa date) and would do my bio-metrics on the last allowed day (in order to get as many days delay as possible) Can you please advise me any more delaying tactics may do some help to me. I also would like to mentioned that when I applied for extension previously in late 2012 I got a delay period of 3 months so It may work again. Please advise me

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: How to delay the extension approval date

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:12 pm

naveediiqbal wrote:Hi,

I am have a Tier 1 visa initially issued in Nov 2009. I had been away for more then 360 days so my clock would be reset on the day i returned on 28 June 2012. I will be applying to extend my visa soon If I will get three years then I will be fine but but if and based on conservative rule basis if I will get only 2 years extension then I may be short of some four months to complete 5 years. I am thinking of applying through post to minimize the risk (on the last of current visa date) and would do my bio-metrics on the last allowed day (in order to get as many days delay as possible) Can you please advise me any more delaying tactics may do some help to me. I also would like to mentioned that when I applied for extension previously in late 2012 I got a delay period of 3 months so It may work again. Please advise me
Pay by cheque (may be)?

Also, why you are assuming your clock will reset if you are out for 360 days? can you not split it into three 12 consecutive months period each absence being less than 180 days? this is unlikely but possible

if you are unsure, write your out of country visa approval date, your first entry to UK, and your current leave to remain validaty and absent period and i will do the math for you
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi UKBALoveStory,

Thank you very much for your kind response and I will be grateful of you could guide me in my case

I obtained Tier 1 (G) visa in 1 Nov 2009 in karachi and actually entered UK in 2 May 2010. I was unemployed and was searching jobs but after along searching period then got a job in overseas (I had to take as it was long break) and went there. I came back UK in 28 June 2012. My first extension was due on 1 Nov 2012. I submitted and got it on 27 Jan 2013 and expiring on 27 Jan 2015. I am planning to apply the next extension and if under conservative basis I got two years from now which is 27 Jan 2017 then I will be short of Five months approx. If we leave out 28 days for early applying then there is a net shortfall of approx four months. I have only out of UK for 27 days during Feb 2013 while I was un-employed.

Thanks again and I will be awaiting suggestions from you and other people in the forum.

Kind Regards,

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:09 pm

You write you came back 28 June 2012 but you did not mention when you left UK.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Hi,

Thanks very much. I left in 20 Feb 2011.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:26 pm

You should get 3 years for your 2nd extension. Search the forum a bit and you will see a number of folk getting 3 years in their 2nd extension.

To elimiate anxiety, I would recommend go for a premium appointment, so you get the decision the same day, and you will be told the number of years you were granted.

Take a reference of 245 CB (click) and keepit handy, just in case.
Cheers,
OR

ca4nul

Post by ca4nul » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi naveediiqbal

i'm in same situation as you are now. Only difference i'm bit LATE than you are. I came to UK (2nd time after 15 month gap) on 1 Aug 2012.

According to my calculation even if i got 2 year extension in April 2015 i'll be fine for ILR. i'm calculating my continuous residency time as below

For example

1 April 2017 - 1 April 2016
1 April 2016 - 1 April 2015
1 April 2015 - 1 April 2014
1 April 2014 - 1 April 2013
1 April 2013 - 1 April 2012 (As i come back on 1 Aug 2012 so 120 Day will be Absence - You are allowed 180 days Absence in one period )

any comment correction always welcome

Bye

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi,

@O_Relly, Thanks for your suggestion.

@ca4nul, I was out of UK on work. I heard that leaves within 180 days will not be allowed if you are on work overseas therefore I am concerned.

Senior and fellow members please advise.

ca4nul

Post by ca4nul » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:44 pm

I was out of UK on work. I heard that leaves within 180 days will not be allowed if you are on work overseas therefore I am concerned.
That is new to me as well. I have not seen anything like that in Continuous residency pdf. Because during my time out of UK i was doing job in Dubai.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:14 pm

Please read the ILR rules carefully as it definitely says some thing regarding off due to work wont count for 180 days relief.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:15 pm

@O_Relly,

if I am sending in post and (in worst case) will get only 2 years then how I may get back to them to revise for three years as I don't know how to find out my caseworker name and is there any such example exists when they changed their decisions for postal applications? I will really appreciate your or any other member's valuable insight.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:11 pm

This has happened to quite a few people in the past, and they have successfully written back to get it corrected.

See this(click), this(click) and this(click)
Cheers,
OR