ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help regarding working hours under tier4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jerryriv
Newly Registered

Help regarding working hours under tier4

Post by jerryriv » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:16 pm

Hi there!

Basically I'm on university and my course was meant to finish according to CAS on 31/07/14. However due to Extenuating circunstances I'm re doing my final year and I'm applying within the UK to extend my visa for an extra year. I was told that you can only work under term time 20 hours per week. However my last exam was on late May and I undertook a part time job as a college assistant from 14th of June until late August. Since I finished with all my exams and I was just waiting for exam results I thought I could work over 20 hours per week but on my CAS says my term finishes on 31/07/14. During that time at work I worked over 20 hours the first 2 weeks so basically during June time. I'm about to send my application form to extend my tier 4 and im concern about this as in theory I was not under classes as everything finished for me on mid May but CAS specify my term finishes on July, please any help or past experience will be more than welcome.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Help regarding working hours under tier4

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:32 am

I would not worry about it too much. Technically it is a breach of your conditions however there is an argument that your course had finished and therefore you were free to work full time. I don't think UKVI are going to refuse your extension on the basis of working in those circumstances.