ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on the 6 weeks absence in the citizenship form

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

egyptian555
Newly Registered

Question on the 6 weeks absence in the citizenship form

Post by egyptian555 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:38 am

Hi,

I see this topic is coming alot lately in the forum and I wonder what's your thoughts on this issue.

I filled out the form already, and I totally disregarded this question, not intentionally. I work for multi national company and they sent me to Australia for 3 months in 2010.Totally forgot about it when I filled the form. The things is, that my passport got a bit wet in one of my trips, so the Australia stamps are completely unclear. All of the other stamps are very clear and visible, especially the ones from the Garda office and Dublin airport.

I'm thinking that they probably don't have any way of finding out about this business trip. I will wait and see if they need clarifications but it really looks impossible for me that they can see the length of time someone spent overseas. They are not stamping us on the way out, so how can they actually know? Anyone had similar issue?

Thank you!

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: Question on the 6 weeks absence in the citizenship form

Post by banana07 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:14 am

I suggest you read other posts here to avoid duplicates.. if your passport has LOTs of stamps, highly unlikely to catch it.. if it has couple of stamps then it will get caught and they will send you a letter (by registered post) asking to clarify the absence and why you said NO in the application.. in naturalisation applications, "genuine" errors are still not tolerated, and they consider that you concealed information.. best policy is not to hide or lie.. answer them exactly like what you answered us (only when they contact you!) and they will pass it straight forward..

just keep in your mind.. communication with them actually delays your application.. its always good to be upfront and over-offer documents when you submit anything..

when did you apply? and what types of stamps you have and when you received ack letter so we can tell you when they gonna contact you asking for these papers
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

egyptian555
Newly Registered

Post by egyptian555 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:19 am

Thanks for the answer.

To your question, I applied 2 weeks ago, and got an acknowledgement last week so probably 2-3 weeks until the next one.

Agree 100% I should have mentioned the AU trip, just to be on the safe side.
My passport is FULL of stamps. Most of, are Dublin airport (I don't get stamped in my home country)
I travel alot for business, but as you said, its very unlikely to catch these dates, especially when the stamps from Australia are very unclear. I can't read the dates (or even the country!) in those stamps.
For all other trips, there's no way I can sum up the trips to see if I get to 6 weeks. Most of the trips are to my home country, and I dont get stamped in or out, so the only stamp seen in the passport is the entry to Ireland. How much can that help them analyze??

My company is a huge multi national brand, whice INIS approved tons of applications from my other non EU colleagues. Its relatively common case (5 years work permit, same job, stamp 1 then 4, lots of income to revenue ect ect) so my thinking is that they will probably won't invest too much time in analyzing this, unless something really changed. This is a new section of form 8, so should be interesting to see if this has become major focus for them.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:39 pm

the processing team usually precise and careful due to amount of fraud (confirmed by my solicitor who deals with them on day to day basis), and that has nothing to do with your employer, whether hes a god or not.. an ex coworker who worked with me in a regional hospital (govt!) in a well needed specialty was denied (at the previous govt time) citizenship due to crossing traffic light! we learned not to challenge the govt since then.. treat them like a brat kid.. let them do and say whatever they want.. at least until they grant you something!

let it go man, your case is strong eitherway.. simply because you can tell them its work related to my MNC.. they wont dig on you unless your answer is suspicious or does not sum up..

to be clear: you are working, and you have no court convictions (forget about minor traffic offenses), then you will DEFO get citizenship.. however, the more dodgy your application/situation is, the longer it takes.

Ps communication time is 25 calender days.. so expect something within 1 month ( 2 - 4 days gap in postage)
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

jani12
Newly Registered

Post by jani12 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:52 am

Hi there, I have 2 questions in relation to 6 weeks absence,

1. Does this period of absence works by Calendar year ? Let's suppose if I left State on 16th Dec 12 and came back after six weeks in Jan 13, does the number of days that belong to Dec should be counted towards the time outside state in CY 12 orCY 13?

2. My second question is in relation to the time outside the the state in last 5 year's during NON reconable period, do we need to give details of period of absence during NON reconable period?

Thanks

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:48 pm

@jani12 i doubt it works by calender year, it works as 60months ie 5 years, prior to your application. For instance if you are applying on 1st sept 2015 then 1st sept 2014 to 31st aug 2015 is the year prior to the application. Anyone more experienced might want to comment on this.

zkzkz
Newly Registered

Post by zkzkz » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:29 pm

It's very unclear what it means and it's not clear how they use this information.

I counted the number of days in each calendar year spent out of the country. So your trip from Dec 16 to Jan 13 would be about 16 days towards the one year and 13 days towards the other year. I included a letter listing the number of days absent in each year with a breakdown by purpose (work and holiday) and a spreadsheet listing every trip with the purpose and dates. Work trips are apparently treated more favorably.

At least one person in NCC thought what they would do is count every day over 6 weeks as a deduction from the 5 year requirement. This wouldn't be a big deal for earlier years if you wait a few extra days to apply. But if you have a 6 week + 1 day absence in the last year before applying it could be a problem.