ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stopped at heathrow airport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tier1 query

Stopped at heathrow airport

Post by Tier1 query » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:18 am

Hi team

Need Urgent Help , Have been coming back to UK back on 9 sep Stopped by IO at airport for further checks, I am on Tier 1 general vis a employed and self employed . had an interview with IO for 2 hrs and gave me temp Admissons to Uk for 3 weeks to submit my Bank statements and CA statements . have filed my tax returns and paid up to date.

any help and advise please very urgent

hsr1972

Re: Stopped at heathrow airport

Post by hsr1972 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:35 am

Sorry to hear mate , why did they stop you for the first instance ? Are you currently Self-employed and did u claimed points based on self employed ? How long have you been Self -Employed ? So what did they ask in the interview ? If you show the Tax Statement which you have paid you should be fine.

-hsr_72

Tier1 query

Post by Tier1 query » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:29 am

hi hrs

Thanks for reply yes i have clamied points on employed and self employed . they asked details about pervious earning for employed and selfemployed , self employed since 2010

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:16 pm

OK , you mean previous earnings in the sense which you have got your recent tier 1 extension.? As you are saying you are Self -Employed since 2010- till date have you paid all your tax...check with HMRC and sort it out if you have any outstanding then pay all your taxes if you have not paid incase .....u should be allright.

-hsr_72

Tier1 query

Post by Tier1 query » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:40 pm

IO officer have contacted HMRC and verfied my tax returns and all . i have seen document in his hand but he have retained my passport and BRP card , and asked me for invoices , & CA satements & bank Statements . i have got all statements and details which i have told regards to my Earning will it be problem , really tensed mate .. in middle of my career

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:36 pm

then what was the issue why he has retained ur passport and brp ? Did you not ask what was the reason why is he question have you declared the right income for HMRC which you have showe to UKBA ? They are asking for your last 12 months Bank statement and Invoices which you are claiming ? I don't think you should not see any issue. If you explain them properly.

-hsr_72

Go12
Member of Standing

Post by Go12 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:34 pm

This is crazy ?i mean we pay soo much taxes,
And still treat us like some illegal immigrants at the airports!!!

Tier1 query

Post by Tier1 query » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:44 pm

Not sure , havent got chance to ask question after 14 hrs of wait at airport , is it better to consult lawyer and take advise and submit doucments.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:07 am

that's is ridiculous ....we can understand the pain after travelling from far and waiting for14 hrours ......are you having your own limited company having said that you are self employed ?Are you full time Self-Employed ....and check with your solictior he or she may give you advise what you needs to do in order to sort out the problem . Speak to HMRC and find out do you have any outstanding taxes to be paid?

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:11 am

Tier1 query wrote:Hi team

Need Urgent Help , Have been coming back to UK back on 9 sep Stopped by IO at airport for further checks, I am on Tier 1 general vis a employed and self employed . had an interview with IO for 2 hrs and gave me temp Admissons to Uk for 3 weeks to submit my Bank statements and CA statements . have filed my tax returns and paid up to date.

any help and advise please very urgent
and once you are out of this mess, make a formal complain and demand compensation. Keep a diary of how much you are loosing financially and make a formal complain http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/make-a-comp ... o-complain
I am not an immigration adviser...All IMHO.

Tier1 query

Post by Tier1 query » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:40 pm

Hi Hrs

Iam Selfemployed sole trader , i have contacted HMRC all taxes are upto date and paid , constulted lawyer advised it should be ok to asked to submit documents need to book appointment next week and see , is there any thing need to be re checked . Hope every thing goes well

reagards

tier 1

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:09 pm

Sorry to hear mate. Doesnt seem fair that legitimate folk are getting hassled. Strange that they gave you temp Admission for 3 weeks.

Nothing to worry as long your paperwork is intact.
Carry all documentation with you such as contractual documents of your self employment, business bank stmts, personal bank stmts, invoices generated, payslips, dividend vouchers etc.

You dont appear to be the only case.
See also,
http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... l#p1083165
Cheers,
OR

pbd
Newly Registered

Post by pbd » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:47 am

hi

have you heard anything from them

Tier1 query

Post by Tier1 query » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:43 pm

Hi Team

Many thanks for reply and suggestions, they are really helpful At last i have i got out of the Mess and got my passport back . today

I have submitted documents list as per last post from Obie .

went to IO at T4 at 12:00 pm IO officer came and 1:30 and took my documents , and then came back after 1 hr saying all documents and correct .

regards

Tier 1

Tier1 query

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:09 pm

Oh Congrats Tier1 atlast you have come out of that mess and you got all your documents back ? Did you asked them what was the issue why did they hold back your doucments ?

-hsr_72

Tier1 query

Post by Tier1 query » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:12 am

Hi hrs

Havent , got a chance to ask question , after 3 weeks of wait just want to get out mess , thin its randam check

Regards
tier 1 :) :)

itzphani
Newly Registered

Post by itzphani » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:15 am

helloo hi, I am also in same condition now. IO said my case transferred to Heathrow T4 case work team. I have appointment next week to submit all my documents.

Your case also dealt by case work team?

Thanks,
pHANI K