ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mash1234
Newly Registered

FLR(M) confusion

Post by mash1234 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:41 pm

Hi there,
I am in Tier 1 visa and will apply for ILR(5 year Tier 1 route) next month. My wife got Tier 1 dependent visa in 2013 and she is in UK now. My question is : If I get the ILR on premium service, can my wife use FLR(M) form after I get ILR? In FLR(M) form guidance
it is mentioned:
""You must not use this form to make an application for an extension of stay in the following categories:
• As the partner of a serving member of HM Armed Forces under Appendix Armed Forces of the Immigration Rules. You must complete form FLR(AF).
• On the 10 year Partner route under Appendix FM of the Immigration Rules. You must complete form FLR(FP).
• As the partner of a person granted indefinite leave to remain in a work route, if you are currently in the UK as their dependant. See our website for further details: https://www.gov.uk/visas-immigration""
I am really confused because last point seems to reflect my condition.
Please advise.

rk101281
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) confusion

Post by rk101281 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:07 pm

It will be great if someone can shed light on above question. I am having exactly same situation but not sure if my wife can apply for extension using FLR(M) form.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:32 am

Although it's possible to switch to FLR(M), if the more stricter requirements are met, doing so will reset her qualifying period for ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

mash1234
Newly Registered

Post by mash1234 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am

Thank you very much Vinny.