ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Born Baby - One of the Parent going to apply ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alien.uk
Mood:

UK Born Baby - One of the Parent going to apply ILR

Post by alien.uk » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:29 pm

Hello All - I become eligible for ILR next month and I plan to apply on same day at Glasgow PEO ( TIER 2 ICT route)
I had a baby this month. I have registered the baby's birth at Glasgow and got the registration certificate.

Question
Can I apply for Naturalisation / Citizenship for the baby after my ILR gets approved?
Alien UK
ILR received - November 2014
Applied for Naturalisation - Feb 2016
Naturalisation Approval - Mar 2016
Passport Received - April 2016

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Born Baby - One of the Parent going to apply ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:49 pm

You can register the baby as a British Citizen under section 1(3), which is an entitlement, once you have ILR. Lots of information in the link below :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p592355
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alien.uk
Mood:

Post by alien.uk » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:25 pm

Thanks for your response. . Very informative. . However i would like to know If i still need to take Indian passport for the baby before registering for BC?

Is it Ok for the baby to remain in the UK without any country's passport and UK leave until i get my ilr?
Alien UK

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Yes it is ok for baby to live in UK without indian passport unless you need emergency travel.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:11 am

Please not that an Indian passport will become invalidated if you voluntarily seek and obtained a Registration Certificate as a British CItizen for your child.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

alien.uk
Mood:

Post by alien.uk » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:56 am

Sorry Somehow I think I was not clear in putting my question forward, I am still doubtful about this case and hence wanted to be even more descriptive as below.

Baby Born in UK - Date 21 September 2014 .. Birth registered and abbreviated birth certificate obtained.

Father ILR eligibility - October 2014.

Period between September 2014 and October 2014 - Baby will be without a valid passport or thereby no valid leave to remain in the UK.

Question - After my successful ILR application, for the baby can I go via naturalisation (if required) -> British Passport -> OCI / PIO ?

To put things into perspective, Is it OK to apply for citizenship for the baby who do not have a current nationality / UK leave?
Alien UK

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:27 am

alien.uk wrote:Sorry Somehow I think I was not clear in putting my question forward, I am still doubtful about this case and hence wanted to be even more descriptive as below.

Baby Born in UK - Date 21 September 2014 .. Birth registered and abbreviated birth certificate obtained.

Father ILR eligibility - October 2014.

Period between September 2014 and October 2014 - Baby will be without a valid passport or thereby no valid leave to remain in the UK.

Question - After my successful ILR application, for the baby can I go via naturalisation (if required) -> British Passport -> OCI / PIO ?

To put things into perspective, Is it OK to apply for citizenship for the baby who do not have a current nationality / UK leave?

A baby born in UK does NOT require any visa, as long as your baby doesn't travel outside the UK.

So whenever you get the ILR, you can apply for baby to be registered as British Citizen and later apply for passport of the baby.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.