ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please confirm my ILR Eligibility start date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kevb2014

Please confirm my ILR Eligibility start date

Post by kevb2014 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:06 pm

Dear experts

Just a quick question.

My entry clearance visa was issued on 30th Dec 2004 and I entered the UK on 17th Jan 2005. I have read in one of case worker guide stating the following:
The period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK may be counted toward the qualifying period, as long as it does not exceed 90 days. This can occur if the applicant is delayed travelling to the UK. The period of delay will not be counted as an absence if it does not exceed 90 days. If the delay is more than 90 days, none of the period between entry clearance being issued and the applicant entering the UK can be included in the continuous period calculation.
In addition I understand that one can apply for ILR (Long Residency) from 28 days prior to completing the full 10 years lawful residence in the UK.

So, when can I apply for ILR (LR)? Within 28 days before 30th Dec 2014 or 17th Jan 2015?

Please advise.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Please confirm my ILR Eligibility start date

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:20 pm

The quote which you mentioned as above applies to categories on work related but if you applying for ILR on the basis of long residence - 10 years then it will start from date of entry which is 17th January, however, you can apply 28 days before finishing the 10th year's anniversary from date of entry.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

kevb2014

Re: Please confirm my ILR Eligibility start date

Post by kevb2014 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:16 pm

Thanks Sheraz, much appreciated! :)