ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application And 6 Weeks Absenc

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Naturalization Application And 6 Weeks Absenc

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:16 pm

Hi Guys,

As we all know that in the Naturalization Application there is a question about 6 months absence from the state. What proof would be they looking for ? I mean do they need original passport to verify that ? OR do they need copy of the full passport ? OR would they believe you what ever you tell them ?
Last edited by CalvinKlien on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

janet0001

Re: Naturalization Application And 6 Months Absence

Post by janet0001 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:54 pm

6 weeks absence U mean? The only way they would know is if u copy the page where the stamps are,or if u told them. I know I had fair share of my absence lol but,here I am... It's easier to detect in the UK as u have to go to NCS(National checking Service) with ur passport,so,they can copy that part in ur passport,but here,it's what u tell them and present to them.

johnnieboy

Post by johnnieboy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:15 pm

They will have a look in your passport to see if there is any unusual absence but that's about it.
It's very hard to track these things because you don't get stamped on your way out, only when you enter. But if they see an entry stamp to US/Australia ect. they can look for your stamp in to Ireland.

Someone said here few days ago, that if your passport of full of stamps, its going to be hard for them to find that.

Saying that, I wouldn't take any risks! If they do find out, it might look very bad that you gave them false information and they will refuse your application. So stick to the truth.

I had 3 months of work in Australia. I've stated that and enclosed letter from my work saying I was sent there for work.
Hope they will accept it. it's a stupid requirement anyway!! I just wonder what is the length of time they might not allow and what they can do with that...

johnnieboy

Post by johnnieboy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:24 pm

johnnieboy wrote:They will have a look in your passport to see if there is any unusual absence but that's about it.
It's very hard to track these things because you don't get stamped on your way out, only when you enter. But if they see an entry stamp to US/Australia ect. they can look for your stamp in to Ireland.

Someone said here few days ago, that if your passport of full of stamps, its going to be hard for them to find that.

Saying that, I wouldn't take any risks! If they do find out, it might look very bad that you gave them false information and they will refuse your application. So stick to the truth.

I had 3 months of work in Australia. I've stated that and enclosed letter from my work saying I was sent there for work.
Hope they will accept it. it's a stupid requirement anyway!! I just wonder what is the length of time they might not allow and what they can do with that...
Forgot to mention - you need to add a copy of ALL your passport pages. If you changed passports in the past 5 years (like me) - include both of them... that is the only way for them to check your absence from the state.

Good luck!

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalization Application And 6 Weeks Absence

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:03 pm

Thanks guys, so what that mean is that they will need a FULL copy of your passport....Am i right ?

OR

Do they need to see the original passport ?

If any of the above is true where can u find that request in the application form ?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Naturalization Application And 6 Weeks Absenc

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:06 pm

By the way I am an Irish citizen now.....Thanks GOD :)

Asking this question for a friend....

johnnieboy

Re: Naturalization Application And 6 Weeks Absence

Post by johnnieboy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:40 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:Thanks guys, so what that mean is that they will need a FULL copy of your passport....Am i right ?

OR

Do they need to see the original passport ?

If any of the above is true where can u find that request in the application form ?

INIS needs to see a copy of the entire passport. I've submitted my application with a solicitor, and she told me to add copies of ALL the pages of the passport. Of course they can't take the original, as we all know the process can take 6 months or longer....

and happy to hear you are already Irish! I'm still struggling with my location change (I asked you that in another post)
I just hate my work that they are making me change locations when I'm in the middle of naturalization! it was company decision, and I hope I won't get screwed because of Revenue....

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:18 pm

@ johnnieboy

Hope things will turn well for you....

In the naturalization application form is it mentioned any where that you have to include a full passport copy ?

johnnieboy

Post by johnnieboy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:26 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:@ johnnieboy

In the naturalization application form is it mentioned any where that you have to include a full passport copy ?

Quoting from INIS form instructions :

"Please also provide copies of all other pages of your passport and full copies of any previous passport valid during
periods of residence in the State. "

Slavuj
Newly Registered

Post by Slavuj » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:26 pm

CalvinKlien wrote:@ johnnieboy

Hi,

Please read carefully first page of Form 8.
There is stated - just under: THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION MUST BE PROVIDED WITH ALL APPLICATIONS:
in second dot

A certified colour copy of the page of your current passport/travel document containing your photograph. If the page containing your photograph does not include your name etc or does not give the expiry date of your passport,
please also submit a certified copy of the relevant page(s) of your current passport/travel document containing these details.

Please also provide copies of all other pages of your passport and full copies of any previous passport valid during
periods of residence in the State.

As far as I remember this was introduced in form 8 in January this year.
When I submited my application (March 2014) I nearly omitted this point. But fortunately I read again all form from A to Z - and founded this requirement.
I copied... two passports (current one and previous one)

I hope it helps.

BTW
I rang INIS last week and I asked about my application. Lady over the phone was not nice. She told that my application is at final stage. I asked what does it mean. She said again: Final stage. I asked politely again what does it mean. She answered: approved. Hopeffuly she did not lie.
I suppose that INIS should start sending approvals in 2-3 weeks time; unless they want organize next ceremony in... next year.
But this is kind of guessing; my guessing.

Regards