ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship further documents requested

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bluemoon2

citizenship further documents requested

Post by bluemoon2 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:56 am

Hi guys , i just have a quick question regarding me citizenship application, i applied for citizenship in April 2014 and got letter of acknowledgement after 1 week then in May 2014 i got another letter that my application has proceed to second stage , since then i heard nothing from them , its almost 5 and half months now for my application , today i got a letter from them in which they stated that "" it is noted that your GNIB card was expired in early August 2014 so i should send them a copy of renewed GNIB card as soon as possible and them after receiving it my aopplication will be processed further """
So my question is, does it mean that my application has completed all checks of garda vetting and others of stage 2 and after receiving my GNIB copy they will send my file to minister for signature ? or does it mean that my application is still in stage 2 and after receiving my GNIB copy they will start checks of stage 2 ?
its already almost 6 months so thats why i am asking this .
anyone had sitiation like this before ?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: citizenship further documents requested

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:14 am

In an ideal situation you should have sent them a copy of your new GNIB card as soon as you renewed your GNIB card in August. This is way they mention in every letter that " In the event of change of circumstances plz keep this office up to date".

In my opinion your checks are carried out and you are nearly there, I think ur file would be sent to the minister for decision as soon as you send them copy of your new GNIB card.

P.S: Make sure to send them copy of your new GNIB card through registered post.

Good Luck

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:34 am

Thanks calvin for your prompt reply , i just came back after sending copy of GNIB , actually i was under the impression that they will automatically know that my GNIB has been renewed by immigration officer in my area, that was my misunderstading .

krs pindi
Newly Registered

Post by krs pindi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Same happen with me i apply in Nov 2013 first letter with in one weak then in Apr 2014 they request further doc my gnib card expired in Dec 2013 i send copy of my valid gnib since then i am waiting

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:06 pm

That's terrible , it's one year now then , did you ask them why didnt they decide your application when they have 6 month time to decide these applications .

krs pindi
Newly Registered

Post by krs pindi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:20 pm

i rang them few weeks ago they said that they working on my file and its take few weeks to submit to the minister hopefully i get positive decision coming weeks

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:48 pm

krs pindi - the delay must be related to offenses? usually such delays happen when your status in the country is not updated or if you got convictions.. can you please share with us your specifics?
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

krs pindi
Newly Registered

Post by krs pindi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:12 pm

i am decleard refugee in 2011 since then i never ever involve in any offence i have full time job i have trevel dacuments i can trevel all eu countries with out visa in Apr 2014 inis approve my faimly reunification application witch i submit for my mother so i think there is no problem with my application

okdokie

Post by okdokie » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:57 pm

No need to worry. This happened to me and a friend of mine as well. we got the letters same day and sent copy of the GNIB in next couple of days. He got approval letter within a week and I am still waiting. This happened in July.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:57 pm

@ okdokie , if you and your friend got letter same day and sent the GNIB copy same days as well then why are you still waiting while your friend got letter wthin one week , was there any difference in your circumstances?

okdokie

Post by okdokie » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:45 pm

This is the way it works...You never know.. I applied in Feb 14... 1st acknowledgement 28th Feb ... 1st week of April they requested copy of my spouse passport..Which I already sent them..2nd stage letter 2nd week of April..then in July they asked for copy of my renewed GNIB...