ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zeksy1

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by zeksy1 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:14 am

Hi everyone
Got my ilr approved!!! Hurray
Got my passports and brp yesterday.
My time line is
App submitted:2nd june 2014
Biometric invitation & done on 21 june 2014
Waiting
Waiting
Got ilr and brp approved on 21/09/2014

Guys thanks alot everyone to put me in right direction
Really apprecited everyones help.
May Allah showers his blessing who are still waiting
Ameen

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:45 am

bharatsharma wrote:Hello Shajee and other valued members,

I am preparing FLR( M) application and documents for my wife thus have some questions redrawing it as below:

3.7 has your sponsor previously been sponsored as a partner of a settled person?

Yes No ( I am assuming not however not sure about the question's essence )

7.3 income from salaried employment

If you and your partner have had more than one job you must provide the details for each job held and specified evidence for each job.
( are they asking to provide details of previous jobs I have had or asking about any other job I'm doing ( perhaps 2 jobs) right now. I have had 2 jobs previously as I am Tier 1 General visa but currently doing single job so really confused what they are asking for)

You and your sponsors total combined income from salaried employment
£............. ( I am only working and fulfilling financial requirement so do I just write down my income?

English language requirement

Do we have you send it again as it was already shown during the initial entry clearance as a partner.

ALSO

I am planning to send it through post now but in Documents they required the pho copies of all the passport pages ( even blank pages) I have all pages of my both passports( front and back, all visas stamps, entry and exit pages) but do not have copies of blank pages. Can I still send it with option given in notes 8 of the application form Like Driving Licence, Bank Statements NHS Registration covering last three years OR should I wait till I get my ILR then apply

Please suggest. Many thanks
Hi brother, I've noticed you've already received some responses regarding your queries but I thought I can add a bit more clarification perhaps since I'm on the same boat as you. I'm preparing my wife's FLR(M) application as well.

Regarding your query of 7.3 income from salaried employment:

If you go through the questions in 7.3A, there are clearly two categories (category A and B) and depending on which category you have chosen at the beginning of 7.3 you don't have to answer all questions in 7.3A since some are for category A and some are for category B. Now the main point that I wanted to clarify here is to clearly decide which category you should be using (A or B?) now! you've mentioned that currently you are doing one job and the questions you have to answer are:
1. Would you be in your current job for 6 months or more (not over one year just 6 months or more!) prior to the date of application?
2. Would your salary at that point fulfill the income threshold of £18600? (I hope by now you know how to calculate this!)
if you can answer YES to above 2 questions then you answer questions for category A and you need:
-last 6 months payslips not one year ( but if you have been working with the company for a year then you can give them one year's payslips but if you have been working for say 7 months and someone advising you that you need 12 months then that wouldn't be right advice!)
-6 months bank statements showing money payments coming in your bank account
-job contract letter
-and a letter from employer
So that's the story briefly for category A.

Category B is basically if: say you answer YES to question 1 and NO to question 2 or NO to both 1 and 2 THEN you try to meet the financial requirements (if you can!) by combining income from all the employments over past 12 months prior to the date of application and you'll of course need to provide evidence of all employments and stuff for category B.

However, as I mentioned earlier if you can qualify for category A by answering YES to the 2 questions above then you DO NOT need 12 months payslips or bank statements and evidence for any other jobs you may have done previously in last twelve month. Those are needed for category B not for Category A with one job. I'll be applying in mid November for my wife and I started my current job on 1st May and I qualify for financial requirements through this job. The reason I'm applying in November because that's when I'll be in my job for 6 months or more and I'll be sending the stuff that I've mentioned for category A above. So there you go put my money where my mouth is! Hope this helps.

BTW any news of you Biometrics yet?

taz123
inactive

Post by taz123 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:24 am

Is it right to used FLR(FP) bro as this my lawyer decide to do
But the problem is I have to pay £1200 for this application and
When I get my ILR then again I have to apply for FLR(M).
For my dependents so another £1200

Is it the right decision to use this form please have u ever come across in this type situation ever b4

Please advise me

It's an urgent

moonwalk30

Post by moonwalk30 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:56 am

MazUK wrote:Hi

I applied for my ILR through my solicitor end of August and received the acknowledgment letter dated 11th September. I called the customer service yesterday and they told that there is a package sent to the solicitor on 30th September and advised to get in touch with him asap.
Has your solicitor received the application back from HO, why was it returned back?

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:00 am

congrats @wandali & @zeksy1!!!

TheJuryMustDie

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:30 am

Hi Point99,

You mentioned that you came into the UK as a child and that your mum is settled, considering that you have been here for more than seven years prior to your eighteenth birthday, I reckon you should be able to apply for naturalisation straightaway.

Alternatively, you can apply for ILR in 2016 if you decide to wait. Your 2.5 years dependant visa will still counts towards that.

Still, if you have a court judgement stating that you should be granted indefinite leave, you may want to apply to the court for the judgement to be enforced. The Home Office can't trump the judiciary, not in this country.

You should try speaking to a solicitor.

Best wishes with your case.
Last edited by TheJuryMustDie on Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:36 am

K4 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:
Arsal385 wrote:I am wondering why HO biometric dept is being so sluggish in sending biometric invite to the applicants. They used to be very active until August this year. Probably because of huge amount of applications they received in the month of August.
Got my biometric invite letter today with date 24/09/2014, will get this done first thing tomorrow morning....

hi Arsal385

same happened with me my letter was dated 17 sep and i received it on 24 sep i think it's royal mailt to blame ha ha taking their time like seriously 1 week for 2nd class mail our Pakistani daak khana is probs better ha ha
Totally Agreed with you. HO charge massive fee for their service but when it comes to delivery they send documents via 3rd class post and no doubt our Pakistani daak khana which charges only few rupees provides better service than this.

Arsal385
Member of Standing

Post by Arsal385 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:41 am

Thanks Arsal385 for your reply. It is much clearer now and make sense to me. my Wife has Tier 1 dependent visa till April 2016. I have already sent SET( LR ) Application on 15th of September.
Always welcome mate. My wife visa is also valid till Aug 2015 and I sent my SET (LR) application on the 10th Sept. I wondering are you going to send you wife FLR (M) now and ask HO to hold her application until your ILR decision or will you wait for your decision first and then apply?

Point99
Newly Registered

Post by Point99 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:03 am

TheJuryMustDie wrote:Hi Point99,

You mentioned that you came into the UK as a child and that your mum is settled, considering that you have been here for more than seven years prior to your eighteenth birthday, I reckon you should be able to apply for naturalisation straightaway.

Alternatively, you can apply for ILR in 2016 if you decide to wait. Your 2.5 years dependant visa will still counts towards that.

Still, if you have a court judgement stating that you should be granted indefinite leave, you may want to apply to the court for the judgement to be enforced. The Home Office can't trump the judiciary, not in this country.

Cheers for the advice!

You say I can apply for naturalisation straight away, would they not dismiss me straightaway because of the Visa I have at the moment and the fact that the Home Office refused to grant me ILR and gave me Limited leave to remain?

I just want to know what the ideal approach is before spending high sums of money.

ali45

Post by ali45 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:26 am

Good morning everyone
I need your kind suggestions on my case
My first visa was stumped on 27th Sep 2004,but i came into UK on 25th NOV 2004.
My question is that what u guys recommend to send off my ILR app,28 days before my first entry OR in coming up 25th Nov 2014.
My visa is valid until SEP 2016.
Many thanks

Insomnia

Post by Insomnia » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:33 am

Hi there (Specially Shah Gee)

Its related to 1 of my friend. His Tier 4 visa expired Nov 2013 but he engaged in appeals since then and finally his appeal allowed by UT last month. His 10 years completed 2 weeks back. Now he is going to apply Set (LR), HO haven't replied anything yet regrading his appeal decision. My question regarding his wife..
She came here in 2011 as a dependent of a student Tier 4. Her decision with HO pending as her husband.
Have she must apply alongside her husband or she can even apply later on?
Which visa she should apply now as his husband qualified SET(LR)?
He can not fulfill Maintenance and earning requirement at the moment.
FLR(M) OR FLR(FP)????

What,s the supporting documents she needs for her application. (She got ready English Certification).

Please help me in this matter, i hope GURUS here got brilliant ideas... Thanks

Ramos

Post by Ramos » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:46 am

Hi guys

I applied for Entrepenure Visa last April 2013
till september 2014 i havent recieved no reply except calling them n they said it is still in process. My ten years will be completed in january. I have varied my application on 10 September 2014 from entrepenure application to IlR early four months ago. Got aknowledgement on 18 September. Money has been taken out as well.
I had differences with partner so thats why i varied my application. In Decmeber 28 days rule will apply. All i want to know what do you guys think regarding my application and is there any chance my time will be completed before my ilr application is decided. Will the decision be on date of decision or date of application.

Kindly response to my query and also tell me about the previous success cases so atleast my stress level settle a bit :D

regards
Sergios Ramos

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:00 am

ali45 wrote:Good morning everyone
My question is that what u guys recommend to send off my ILR app,28 days before my first entry OR in coming up 25th Nov 2014.
Many thanks
Hi @ali45

Since you entered in the UK on 25th Nov '04, the earliest you can apply is Tuesday, 28 October 2014

ilruk84

Post by ilruk84 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:13 am

Hi Everyone,

Another update got my bio letter invite yesterday (dated 25th sept) and jus done my enrollment can someone please update this on google drive.

Many Thanks

KA941

Post by KA941 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:42 pm

shahjee1234 wrote:
KA941 wrote:Hi All

I have completed 10 years and want to apply for long residency. My question, my wife (points based dependent) who joined me in Mar 2011 (before July 2012) rule changes, would be able to apply for indefinite leave once I receive my indefinite?
I'm very confused because I thought that back in April 2014 , changes were made and all the rights were taken away which we're privously available under transitional arrangements. If someone can please elaborate that will be great.

Many thanks
KA
Hi KA941,
Well unfortunately you are right, the rules regards to the dependents of People who got ILR through 10 years long residency, have changed since April 2014. There is no straight applications for ILR for them, they have to apply first to convert their status to that of dependents of a settled person i.e YOU, through application form FLR(M), income And maintenance requirements apply on that.
Any dependents who will apply as dependents of settled person through Long residency, their time to qualify will start again from scratch, the clock goes back to zero for them,any time that's hey have spend in the country already is null and void. They have to start a new qualifying period and that starts from the date they get their initial grant of FLR(M) for 2.5 years, that is extendable for another 2.5 years to take them to a total of 5 years to qualify them for the ILR through SET(M).
Regards to pre July 2012 dependents, the transitional arrangements were there for any of them if they would have applied their FLR(m) before 6th April 2014, as that date is gone, hence any pre July 2012 PBS dependents have lost their claim on the transitional arrangements.
I am really sorry again that there is no many positives for you in the situation, but what is important is for you to get your ILR sorted and although the dependents might take a bit longer but at least you are guaranteed that they will be sorted eventually.
All the best with your future application.
Kind regards
Shahjee
many thanks for the reply Shahjee...I feared the worst...and thats what it is...
Following this situation...I have another quesiton (I know its not related to this particular part of the forum but I would appreciate if someone can help)
It will be 5 years for my Tier 1 general visa in Feb 2015 and I will be applying for my ILR. Can you please confirm if I go down that route, that does not stop my wife applying for ILR at the same time. She came to UK in Mar 2011 as PBS Tier 1 General dependent.

Looking forward to hear back soon
Regards
KA941

ali45

Post by ali45 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:32 pm

Thank you fielddrive
fielddrive wrote:
ali45 wrote:Good morning everyone
Many thanks
Hi @ali45

Since you entered in the UK on 25th Nov '04, the earliest you can apply is Tuesday, 28 October 2014

TheJuryMustDie

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:10 pm

Point99 wrote:

Cheers for the advice!

You say I can apply for naturalisation straight away, would they not dismiss me straightaway because of the Visa I have at the moment and the fact that the Home Office refused to grant me ILR and gave me Limited leave to remain?

I just want to know what the ideal approach is before spending high sums of money.
Considering your circumstances, you appear to have met the requirement for it. When I have the time, I will post you a link that may help. If you have a judgement for IL why are you not looking to enforce it?

Best wishes.

Rockefeller
Mood:

Post by Rockefeller » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi Point 99

I'm not sure about you been able to naturalise at this stage. You may be able to become a British through registration if you were born here and under 18 and one your parents becomes settled. Your mum is settled but you were not born here. The other option is that when your mum becomes British she can register you but again you need to 18 or under. Perhaps "TheJurymustDie would clarify when s/he send the link promised.

However, as advised if the judgment specifically says you should be granted ILR then speak to a solicitor but mind you tribunal rarely stipulates what leave to be granted.
TheJuryMustDie wrote:
Point99 wrote:

Secondly, you c
Cheers for the advice!

Considering your circumstances, you appear to have met the requirement for it. When I have the time, I will post you a link that may help. If you have a judgement for IL why are you not looking to enforce it?

Best wishes.

ali45

Post by ali45 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi everyone
I am switching to ILR next month and my wife got T1 dependent visa but she is still in pakistan for some reason she might b travel b4 i send off my ILR app,but my question is just in case if she cnt travel before my app and until my ILR app decision can she travel on her T1 dependent visa kindly help.

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:45 am

congrats @wandali & @zeksy1!!
jignesh

TheJuryMustDie

Post by TheJuryMustDie » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:31 am

A bit of an update on my application.

Bio Metric received 03/10/2014
Bio Metric recorded 03/10/2014.

All the best people!

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:26 pm

zeksy1 wrote:Hi everyone
Got my ilr approved!!! Hurray
Got my passports and brp yesterday.
My time line is
App submitted:2nd june 2014
Biometric invitation & done on 21 june 2014
Waiting
Waiting
Got ilr and brp approved on 21/09/2014

Guys thanks alot everyone to put me in right direction
Really apprecited everyones help.
May Allah showers his blessing who are still waiting
Ameen
Hi zeksy1,
Congratulations, It appears we are having a very good news this week, so far from the google drive 20 approvals for the month of June already.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:28 pm

wandali wrote:Hi guys

Just to let you know I have received my ILR and thank you so much for your help as I had to switch from entrepreneur visa to 10 years long residence application after my visa was refused

here is the time line .. please update the Google drive

Application submitted by my lawyer : 28/may/2014
acknowledgement received: 9th June 2014
Biometric letter sent on 13/June/2014
approval date: 19/sept/2014
BRP received: 22/Sept/2014

Thanks you guys and all the best
Hello"wandali",
Am so happy for you. Congratulations and enjoy your world of freedom. :lol:
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

shasus7

Post by shasus7 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Hi guys, another update on my SET (LR) application:

Application sent: 15/09/2014
Payment taken: 17/09/2014
Acknowledgement letter dated: 17/09/2014
Acknowledgement letter received: 22/09/2014
Biometrics invitation dated: 30/09/2014
Biometrics received: 3/10/2014
Biometrics enrolled: 3/10/2014
Decision: Pending

Alhamdulillah Biometrics arrived in good time. Hope everybody who are waiting for Biometrics and decisions get theirs soon Insha'Allah. Now it's just a very long wait. Congratulations to 'wandali' and 'zesky1' for ILR:) Just noticed on GDrive most of the straightforward June applications are completed and not many applications for July. Hope they get a move on and clear July applications quickly then we have some hope for us September applicants! Because there'll be a lot of applications in August by the look of it! Thanks guys.

KA941

Post by KA941 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:53 pm

KA941 wrote:
shahjee1234 wrote:
KA941 wrote:Hi All

I have completed 10 years and want to apply for long residency. My question, my wife (points based dependent) who joined me in Mar 2011 (before July 2012) rule changes, would be able to apply for indefinite leave once I receive my indefinite?
I'm very confused because I thought that back in April 2014 , changes were made and all the rights were taken away which we're privously available under transitional arrangements. If someone can please elaborate that will be great.

Many thanks
KA
Hi KA941,
Well unfortunately you are right, the rules regards to the dependents of People who got ILR through 10 years long residency, have changed since April 2014. There is no straight applications for ILR for them, they have to apply first to convert their status to that of dependents of a settled person i.e YOU, through application form FLR(M), income And maintenance requirements apply on that.
Any dependents who will apply as dependents of settled person through Long residency, their time to qualify will start again from scratch, the clock goes back to zero for them,any time that's hey have spend in the country already is null and void. They have to start a new qualifying period and that starts from the date they get their initial grant of FLR(M) for 2.5 years, that is extendable for another 2.5 years to take them to a total of 5 years to qualify them for the ILR through SET(M).
Regards to pre July 2012 dependents, the transitional arrangements were there for any of them if they would have applied their FLR(m) before 6th April 2014, as that date is gone, hence any pre July 2012 PBS dependents have lost their claim on the transitional arrangements.
I am really sorry again that there is no many positives for you in the situation, but what is important is for you to get your ILR sorted and although the dependents might take a bit longer but at least you are guaranteed that they will be sorted eventually.
All the best with your future application.
Kind regards
Shahjee
many thanks for the reply Shahjee...I feared the worst...and thats what it is...
Following this situation...I have another quesiton (I know its not related to this particular part of the forum but I would appreciate if someone can help)
It will be 5 years for my Tier 1 general visa in Feb 2015 and I will be applying for my ILR. Can you please confirm if I go down that route, that does not stop my wife applying for ILR at the same time. She came to UK in Mar 2011 as PBS Tier 1 General dependent.

Looking forward to hear back soon
Regards
KA941