ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Where to apply

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tiredmum

Where to apply

Post by tiredmum » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi, I hope someone will be able to advise me.
My son has been granted a stamp4 on the basis of being my dependent. He has since moved in with his partner of nearly 3 years. How do we go about renewing his stamp 4 but not as my dependent?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Where to apply

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:14 am

Sorry your question is not clear enough. Please explain ur son's situation.

How old is he ?

Moved with his partner means he is over 18. Am i right ?

Is he planing to get married ?

For how many years is he living in Ireland on Stamp 4 ?

tiredmum

Post by tiredmum » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:45 am

Hello, and thanks for replying.
My son is 23 years old, been living in Ireland since 2005 (9years). He was on stamp 3 as my dependant up until last year (2013). I applied to EU treaty for a stamp 4 but his application was referred to General Immigration. He was given a stamp 4 as my dependent for 1 year. Its due to be renewed, but I don't know what forms to use as there is no indication on the website. Well, I can't find it..He got into trouble about 2 years ago and landed up in court, got community service, therefore he was given stamp 4 dependent. To date he has not been in any trouble, and has moved in with his girlfriend. They are not planning to get married right now as she is still at college and he does not want to get married until both of them are financially secure.
Can he apply for citizenship on the basis of being here so long, or will he be refused due to getting into trouble?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:39 pm

As you said his application was referred to General Immigration and was granted stamp 4. In the same letter department would have told you what would be the story for next year renewal... Please have a look on the letter and let me know what did they said ?

In most cases once the general immigration grant you permission they will also mention if your circumstances do not change than you don't have to contact this office and just go to your local immigration officer for further extension.

Yes, he is eligible for Naturalization if he is living in Ireland for 5 years continuous residence. I would encourage you that he should apply for his naturalization and close the visa chapter ASAP.

Here is the naturalization calculator, if you enter the dates of his GNIB card renewals since he arrived in Ireland, it will show you whether he can be eligible or not.

Link to the calculator: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Na ... Calculator

If you have any question do let me know.

tiredmum

Post by tiredmum » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:59 pm

The letter from General immigration does not specify any information on what to do next. There is no mention of when to re-apply. I can email you the letter if it will help.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:30 pm

When is his visa due to expire and what part of Ireland do you live in ? and in what county did he renewed his visa last year ?

tiredmum

Post by tiredmum » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:38 pm

Hi, he does not require a visa or a work permit. He got his stamp 4 in Tipperary. He is non-eu.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:45 pm

It's bit odd that his decision letter from general immigration do not say anything about his renewal. However if i were you i would go to my local immigration officer and ask him/her about the renewal.

DO NOT mention anything about applying again in the department of justice. Just ask him when could your son go for renewal.

Another thing could be that once the general immigration have no issue with his renewal, why would they bothered about renewal.

but please double check with him first.

All the best....