ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa (for non-eu spouse of Irish citizen)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

doratheexplorer
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa (for non-eu spouse of Irish citizen)

Post by doratheexplorer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi,

I am a non-EU citizen married to an dual UK/Irish citizen who is settled in the UK (Northern Ireland). We got married in 2011 in Ireland. I don't have a UK spouse visa as we don't meet the new financial requirements. Currently, I am in Northern Ireland on a tourist visa. We have decided to move to Ireland and apply for the spouse visa there and work and live in Ireland for a while and then try to apply for the EEA family permit for the UK (as the UK border agency permits this if we have been living together and working in another EU state).
My husband does not have a job in Ireland. If we move there and my husband is still looking for work, can I still get the stamp 4? Or does my spouse visa depend on him being employed?
We have some savings together to do us a few months until we find employment.

Thank you all for your time and effort!

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:20 pm

Does your husband have a job in Northern Ireland? If so, he could keep the job and become a cross border worker, by living in Ireland with you and commuting to his job in Northern Ireland.

This would mean that he could show sufficient resources to support you in the Republic of Ireland (from his job in Northern Ireland).
BL

doratheexplorer
Newly Registered

Post by doratheexplorer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:21 pm

Thank you for your super quick reply! you're fantastic.
At the moment he is not employed I'm afraid, but he is looking. Do you think we can still get the Irish spouse visa while looking for jobs? Our savings are about 7,000 euros in his account, and about 9,000 euros in mine.
As my tourist visa is half done, I don't want to delay applying for the spouse visa until my husband finds employment, you know?

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:11 am

If your husband is getting a jobseekers payment in Northern Ireland, there is a mechanism to allow him to transfer this to the Republic of Ireland. There are many rules, one of which is that he must do the transfer of jobseekers payment before he moves to the new country. This should be considered with caution, as it could be used to show that your spouse cannot support you in Ireland. You could potentially draw on it for maybe 8 weeks without difficulty.

You are married, so I think you are entitled to stay in Ireland for three months without condition. You should check this out to be certain. Your spouse needs to be able to show that he is capable of supporting you by the time the three months period is complete, so he would have three months to either get a job or commence self employment.

Your savings of 16,000 would be sufficient to support a VERY modest lifestyle for one year, two if you paid very little for accommodation. The problem with this is that in places where accommodation is cheap, jobs are difficult to find.

If the couple is planning a baby, the female spouse should register as self employed. If this is done correctly (timing of registering as self employment and timing of childbirth) she is entitled to maternity benefit. This is a payment of about 260 euro per week for six months after the baby is born, with extra if her husband is on a low income.
BL

doratheexplorer
Newly Registered

Post by doratheexplorer » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:16 am

Thank you for your reply and all the information.
My husband does not receive any jobseekers benefits as we are afraid it would show that we are relying on public funds, which is often frowned upon while applying for a visa.
I have entered Northern Ireland through Dublin, so the stamp on my passport is an Irish tourist visa for 90 days which I got upon landing in Dublin. and which is now half done.
Has anyone had any experience with the Irish spouse visa application when the Irish citizen is not employed however is not receiving any benefits?

Thank you so much!

Malika

Post by Malika » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:37 pm

doratheexplorer wrote:Thank you for your reply and all the information.
My husband does not receive any jobseekers benefits as we are afraid it would show that we are relying on public funds, which is often frowned upon while applying for a visa.
I have entered Northern Ireland through Dublin, so the stamp on my passport is an Irish tourist visa for 90 days which I got upon landing in Dublin. and which is now half done.
Has anyone had any experience with the Irish spouse visa application when the Irish citizen is not employed however is not receiving any benefits?

Thank you so much!
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... hts%20FAQs

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... ional.html

The above links provide all the information that you need as per EU Treaty Rights.
Your spouse has to meet either of these criteria; be employed, be self-sufficient or studying.

Regards,
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

jenfm
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse Visa (for non-eu spouse of Irish citizen)

Post by jenfm » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:26 pm

doratheexplorer wrote:Hi,

I am a non-EU citizen married to an dual UK/Irish citizen who is settled in the UK (Northern Ireland). We got married in 2011 in Ireland. I don't have a UK spouse visa as we don't meet the new financial requirements. Currently, I am in Northern Ireland on a tourist visa. We have decided to move to Ireland and apply for the spouse visa there and work and live in Ireland for a while and then try to apply for the EEA family permit for the UK (as the UK border agency permits this if we have been living together and working in another EU state).
My husband does not have a job in Ireland. If we move there and my husband is still looking for work, can I still get the stamp 4? Or does my spouse visa depend on him being employed?
We have some savings together to do us a few months until we find employment.

Thank you all for your time and effort!

hi there

you and your husband can go to the immigration office in Dublin with your passport,his Irish passport and your marriage cert and also proof of addresses in Ireland and you should be issued a stamp 4 which means you can live and work in Ireland with your Irish partner. This Stamp 4 is free or it was for us and was issued to us within an hour

this is what me and my husband did back in 2010- i am also dual Irish/UK citizen

good luck

la motta
Newly Registered

Post by la motta » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi,

Hope you can help me,I am naturalized Irish, I married my non eu girlfriend in Greece in July,She was 2 time in Ireland in 2012 2013 on tourist visa ,on my invitation,We apply for joint spouse visa on 28 JULY in Athens APP ,arrived in Dublin 11 August and still nothing,is there anything I could do to speed up that process

ThANKS

la motta
Newly Registered

Post by la motta » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:33 pm

anybody has 5 min to give me some advice

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:58 pm

@dora its simple, your husband can move to ireland as an irish that has execise his treaty right in the uk (nothern ireland) or renounce brisih citizen and apply for you as an irish eu citizen in uk. Try to read more about eu treaty right of free movement of people. It will give you more in sites, you can google it. Any application should be made under eu rules.

@la pls open your own thread its not good high jacking someone else thread.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.