ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Czech to Ireland visa fee - Non EU

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

catch_hunter

Czech to Ireland visa fee - Non EU

Post by catch_hunter » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:19 pm

I am an Irish citizen. My brother, who is an Indian citizen (Non EU), is studying in Prague (Czech) on a student visa. He wants to travel to Ireland for a short trip. I understand he needs to apply for Irish visa at Irish Embassy in Prague. I am wondering, being a brother of Irish citizen, would that Irish visa be free for him? Are there any other benefits that he might get (or claim) being my brother?

catch_hunter

Re: Czech to Ireland visa fee - Non EU

Post by catch_hunter » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:34 pm

Any response please?

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:29 am

a letter of sponsorship from your side will help him get the visa with less checks.. especially if you pay taxes and work etc..
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:46 pm

banana07 wrote:a letter of sponsorship from your side will help him get the visa with less checks.. especially if you pay taxes and work etc..
Thanks for this, but this won't mean the Irish visa will be free for him. He will need to pay, isn't it? Since with the latest rules you can enter Ireland on an UK visa, what if he applies for a UK visa would that come free?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:44 pm

He will have to pay for both visas i.e. Irish & UK. Yes, if he is the holder of UK visa, under Irish visa waiver program he can enter to Ireland without visa.

mgb

Post by mgb » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:08 pm

He has to travel via UK to benefit from the visa waiver program.
The visa waiver program is not applicable without a entry stamp from the UK on the uk visa.

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:12 pm

Hi Guys,
There is a problem. I am an Irish citizen. My Indian brother, who is studying in Czech, is planning to visit me in Ireland during Christmas and leave just after New Year's day. His Czech visa is valid till 28 Feb 2015.

In the link below, please check following line:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Sh ... _or_friend
===============================
If you are resident in a country other than your country of origin, evidence of your permission to reside in that country. This permission should be valid for at least 3 months after your intended departure from Ireland
===============================

So, the problem is my brother's Czech visa won't be valid for 3 months when he leaves Ireland for Czech in early January 2015.
He is very new in Czech, just went there in September. So, he is not sure whether he can renew his Czech visa so soon.

Any suggestions please.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:35 pm

His Irish visa and UK visas would be refused straight ahead if his current permission to remain in Czech is less than 90 days. Your brother must wait until his Czech visa is renewed,

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:36 pm

Thanks for your response CalvinKlien; however I am afraid this doesn't help my brother in Czech Republic to visit me in Ireland during Christmas.

Anybody else please?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:24 pm

catch_hunter wrote:Thanks for your response CalvinKlien; however I am afraid this doesn't help my brother in Czech Republic to visit me in Ireland during Christmas.

Anybody else please?
He is right. There's nothing you can do.

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:18 pm

My brother applied for the Irish visa 2 weeks back and he has gotten the Irish visa today in Prague. It is a Type 'C' visa.

------------------------
Since 13 October 2014, under a new British Irish Visa Scheme (BIVS), visitors from China and India can travel freely within the Common Travel Area, (that is, Ireland and the UK, including Northern Ireland), using either an Irish or UK short-stay visa endorsed with 'BIVS'. The Scheme operates through a reciprocal visa arrangement, whereby Ireland and the UK recognise short-stay visas issued by the other for travel to their jurisdiction. The British Irish Visa Scheme will replace the Irish Visa Waiver Programme.
------------------------
My brother is an Indian citizen but the visa on his passport doesn't mention 'BIVS' anywhere.
When my brother lands in Ireland, could he travel to the UK from Ireland? Also, he would want to come back to Ireland and then return to Czech. Is it possible?

I read the following lines in the link provided above, so it looks like it is possible to return to Ireland from the UK, but my only worry is the 'C' type Irish visa doesn't say 'BIVS'
===========================
For example, a visa required tourist who wishes to visit both Dublin and Belfast will be able to apply for an Irish short-stay visa which will allow them to travel directly to Dublin and then onwards to Northern Ireland without having to obtain a separate UK visa. Also if they are returning to Ireland following a visit to the UK, they will not require a re-entry visa.
===========================