ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Resident Labour Market Test

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

0be_mused
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Resident Labour Market Test

Post by 0be_mused » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:55 pm

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the resident labour market test as I'm still unclear after reading the latest guidance (Tier 2 and 5 Sponsor Guidance version 02/14).

1. Does every job need to be advertised on Job Centre Plus in addition to a recruiting agent? (I work in advertising and the role has already been advertised with a recruitment consultant - is this enough?)
2. What are the guidelines for points 28.5 of the guidance to apply? (If the migrant is already working for you and they need to extend their leave to continue working for you in the same occupation, you do not need to conduct a resident labour market test)

I'm currently here on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa so am aware that I must leave to apply for the Tier 2 general visa. I have a potential employer willing to sponsor me but need to find out what other requirements they need to satisfy before assigning me the COS.

Thanks
0be_mused

jefflen
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Resident Labour Market Test

Post by jefflen » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:44 am

Hi,

I have the same question and found this post, can I ask did you get the answer or the company still have to do the rlmt?

I'm currently on a Tier 5 YMS visa and my company is going to sponsor me for the Tier 2 General visa, they haven't done the rlmt yet.

Thanks a lot.