ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

college closed by home office, can i come back from abroad?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stev.bris1
Newly Registered

college closed by home office, can i come back from abroad?

Post by stev.bris1 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:49 pm

Hi,

I was in Uk and my college was closed by UKBA. I went to my home country due to some serious family problem in October 2014, i have a valid visa till July 2015. UKBA not sent me any letter to leave UK due to cancellation of college lisence.

Can some one please let me know that, can i come back to UK? Is there be any problem on air port? If UKBA deport me from airport due to college issue, will it effect my immigration history? Can i then apply again from my home country on other visa category?

I shall be thankful for this

Regards

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: college closed by home office, can i come back from abro

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:31 am

You will be refused entry to the UK when you return. Once a college is revoked the systems place a stop on returning students. The rules state there is no need to curtail leave if the individual is outside the country as at the point of entry there is a de facto change in circumstances that invalidates the visa.
If you know for a fact the college is revoked do not attempt to return on that visa. It will just result in you being returned home at the airport.

stev.bris1
Newly Registered

Re: college closed by home office, can i come back from abro

Post by stev.bris1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:13 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:You will be refused entry to the UK when you return. Once a college is revoked the systems place a stop on returning students. The rules state there is no need to curtail leave if the individual is outside the country as at the point of entry there is a de facto change in circumstances that invalidates the visa.
If you know for a fact the college is revoked do not attempt to return on that visa. It will just result in you being returned home at the airport.