ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I Need some Advice on ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

staceydavis26
Newly Registered

I Need some Advice on ILR

Post by staceydavis26 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:47 pm

Hello, I have been in the UK since 2008. I came on a spouse visa and held one for 4 years. I then applied for Indefinite leave to remain and took the life in the uk test and was successful in my application. What I wanted to ask was now that I have Indefinite leave to remain, can I stay on this visa on a long term/permanent basis? Would I eventually have to apply for dual or british citizenship?

Thanks
Stacey

Casa

Re: I Need some Advice on ILR

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:32 pm

You don't have to apply for British Citizenship if you choose not to. You can stay on your ILR visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.