ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Entry Visa for Indonesian Spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing

Re: Irish Entry Visa for Indonesian Spouse

Post by robsters » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:54 am

still maybe stay a few days have a look around hong kong, i only saw it breifly for a few hours when i worked on the cruise ship (more from when we sailed away past the skyscrapers) it very different to the rest of China.

Yeah i heard the work situation is very bad there which is annoying. i do have a car which i plan to bring over so maybe best to rent a house in the country and drive back into the cities for work ?

Redforever
Newly Registered

Post by Redforever » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi Robster, sorry to hijack your thread and take it slightly off topic...

Im a British citizen and I also have an Indonesian partner, we've lived and travelled together over the past 9 months and now i have to return home and leave her behind in indonesia as i need to get back into work after being away for over a year. My main question is how easy was it to get married in Indonesia, what kind of information did you have to provide to do so? Birth certificate, proof of religion etc etc? She has already tried and failed to get a visitor visa to visit the uk once already, despite being very well travelled (her job is a tour leader),it was a poor application without enough information about our relationship though tbh. We are about to send the second application with every possible information they need, but if rejected again maybe the next step will be to get married in Indonesia and follow a similar route to yourselves. Of that is actually possible, as i don't have any irish roots...

Best of luck with everything, would love to hear more updates about how you progress

Cheers

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:19 am

Hello my friend

I just got married a few days ago on the 14th oct. Getting married is not hard nor easy. we managed to organise it all within 5 weeks. the main thing is that i had to travel to the British Embassy and provide my passport and original birth certificate (which my dad had to post from the uk!!!!) and i had to fly to Jakarta which was annoying just to sign an affirmation of marriage at the embassy which we then took to the civil office where my wife lives (Medan) this document is a legal document that states i was single, my wife also had to do the same but it was easier for her as all the offices and paper work was processed in her own town. One thing for us we were same religion (christian) which made the marriage easier. because as i am sure you are aware religion is a big thing in Indonesia and even her church wanted me to attended every week until we got marriage. i also had to get a letter from my church in England to state also i was single to keep the church happy as well. they also wanted to see my baptise cefticate to. there was a lot of paper work involved but it is all doable.

word of warning though that the cost of a wedding is not cheap. the total cost of our wedding (outside living costs) came to £4500 which i had to pretty much pay for it all because in there culture the husband is required to pay for the wedding. we had 400 guest at our wedding so i got off lightly as i read stories of wedding costs going up to £10.000

if you do get marriage set a budget before hand and make sure you stick to it as much as possible!! i came to the same conclusion myself we were orginally going to retry for a UK visitor visa but my partner had no job or savings i knew we most likely waste more money trying again so i suggested we got married now. now i am desperately trying to get the irish visa asap before i run out of money completely.

but yeah bottom line your need
Passport. Birth cefticate, baptish cefticate, letter from church (if she christian) at least £4-5k for wedding costs and affirmation letter from british embassy (which cannot be done in the uk) go to the uk gov website for this paper work. you go there and swear your single on the bible or legal document or whatever you wish. also your need your partners passport (they do not need to come though but that can if they wish) my partner did not come with me as to save cost of an extra plane ticket. bali and jakarta you can do this in indonesia.

if you have any more questions please ask