ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of address proof for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NaaNaa90

Change of address proof for ILR

Post by NaaNaa90 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi all,

Over the course of the past two years my husband and I have changed address three times- Family then Friends place and now we're renting a house.
Will we need to show letters from all three addresses? Or is the last address fine?

And what is a NHS letter everyones on about? How do u get it? Can someone point me to some letters that will suffice for husbands ILR application?
Thanks

NaaNaa90

Re: Change of address proof for ILR

Post by NaaNaa90 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:46 pm

Also, we are renting from the council and my husbands name is not on the tenancy agreement as it would affect his ILR. So what can we do about this? Will this interfere with proof of cohabitation?

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Also--

we only have bank statements and letters for child tax credit in our JOINT names-- how much proof do we need for both our names on one letter? What other letters can we give?
All the bills etc are on my name due to my name being on the tenancy agreement.

Please help someone!!

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:12 pm

You need to submit proof of all addresses over the 2 year period. If you only have documents/letters etc in single names you need to submit 12 pieces of evidence (6 in each name) spread as evenly as possible over the 2 years. The NHS letter you've mentioned would be the registration at your doctor's surgery. Does the council know your husband is living in the property?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:44 pm

Casa wrote:You need to submit proof of all addresses over the 2 year period. If you only have documents/letters etc in single names you need to submit 12 pieces of evidence (6 in each name) spread as evenly as possible over the 2 years. The NHS letter you've mentioned would be the registration at your doctor's surgery. Does the council know your husband is living in the property?
Yes the council does know. Should I be worried about anything?

Thanks for ur help.