ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hambvart
Newly Registered

Student Visitor Visa

Post by hambvart » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:12 pm

Hi,

Can anyone please provide me with a source stating that one should have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months in order to be issued a Student visitor visa. Neither UKVI website, not Visitor visa guidline contains that information.

Thank you.

matt14

Re: Student Visitor Visa

Post by matt14 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:35 am

Hi there!

With all due respect I think you got confused with the "passport being valid for at least 6 months" concept. A common confusion is that people think that a NEW passport which has not been valid for at least 6 months cannot apply for a visa and i think thats exactly what you are thinking but please correct me if im wrong in this assumption. However, the real way to look at this concept, in my opinion, is that the passport should not EXPIRE in the next 6 months because you cannot have a 6 month visa if your passport is expiring in, for example, the next 5 months.

Can't give you a source for this right now but im sure this information was on the old UKBA website.

Cheers!

matt14

Re: Student Visitor Visa

Post by matt14 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:38 am

I have a feeling that you might have received the answer to your question by now but still iv posted a reply for the benefit of other people looking at the thread. But please correct me if im wrong in any way.

Thanks