ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some general question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

janinah
Mood:

Some general question

Post by janinah » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi all,

I am currently on tier 2 general visa which will be expired Dec'15. I entered in UK as student on dec'04. Then transfered to PSW and Tier 2 (G). So, in December 2014 i will be eligible for ILR application. By the time, i got married and my wife came in UK as dependent May '09. So, she is with me as PBS dependent more than 5 years. Our only son born here in London in 2011.

Now, my question, Should i apply for ILR (S) long resident first and then approval my wife apply for ILR ?? Or we can apply together ?? In any case which way or which form we should apply. And, whats documents needed for these application. As i am Tier 2 (G) visa, my salary more than 30k. Should i send them payslips, P60, employer letter with these application ? Any any requirements for bank statements like how many months, balance etc.

I know, i asked too many questions, but these are very basic simple question for you, but will be very helpfull for all new user like me. Thanks... I Waiting for your answers. Thankssss

vinny

Re: Some general question

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:36 pm

When will you qualify for SET(O) under Tier 2 (General)? It may be better for you and your wife to apply for SET(O) together under Tier 2 (General) rather than you applying for SET(LR) under Long residence and your wife switching to FLR(M). In the latter case, she would need to wait a further 5 years before qualifying for SET(M).

UK born child will be entitled to register as a British citizen after you are granted ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:50 pm

Thanks for the reply. I will be 10 years stay in this country on 26 December 2014. My wife stayed with me as Tier 4 Student dependent about 1 and half years, then another 1 and half years as Tier 1 PSW dependent and then currently as a tier 2 (G) dependent for last 2 years. So, in total continuously 5 years as my dependent. I think all the time she was PBS dependant. Isn't it ??

So, should we apply for ILR together in December ? Or one after another. Please note our current visa will be expired December 2015.

Thanks

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:54 pm

Sorry, i will apply for 10 years rule, as i only 2 years on tier 2 (G) visa.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:07 pm

Unfortunately, if you apply for SET(LR), then your wife should initially switch to FLR(M). She would be eligible for SET(M) 5 years after the initial grant of FLR(M) (E-ILRP.1.3).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

janinah
Mood:

Post by janinah » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:46 pm

Thanks vinny for the reply. I thought, after 5 years of PBS dependent history she can apply for FLR. What you said, in that case, she will be able to apply herself as 10 years FLR as that will be quicker...

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:42 am

Unfortunately, the rules for dependants had changed. However, she may also apply for SET(LR) when she's eligible too.