ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Application Refused because of Advertising Material

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cool-dude
Newly Registered

Post by cool-dude » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Hi Everyone Here
i will be really grateful if anyone could give me best and honest advise as my application has been refused because of silly points and i am in very stress thanks in advance
here are details of my case
Application Date :- 08- August- 2014
Acknowledge letter Date :- 16-08-2014
BIO METRIC DATE :- 24-08-2014
Raised Complex Issues Date :- 17-SEP-2014
Refusal Letter Date :- 10-OCT-2014

Refusal Objections
you have demonstrated that you satisfy (i),(ii), and (iv) above, as i failed to demonstrated (iii) according to them

(1) i have registered my company on 09-July-2014
(2) Have signed my properly lease on 09-July-20114
(3) Singed 2 contracts one on 10-July-2014 and other one on 25-July-2014
(4) Order my Business Cards, Flyers and Letter Head on 09-JULY-2014 and collected on 10-JULY-2014
(5) Paying Office rent every month from my business account to landlord account
(6) payments coming from clients from business account to business account

Ground OF Refusals
The evidence that you have submitted in relation to advertising material and trade body certificate is not acceptable as it does not cover a continuous period commencing before 11-JULY-2014, up to no earlier than three months before the date of your application.
The ICO trades body certificate which you have provided is dated 4 August 2014 as this is after 11-JULY-2014 we are unable to accept this as evidence.
The Gum Tree advertisement which you have provided is not dated and therefore we are unable to accept this as evidence
The business magnet, Thomson local printouts you have provided are not acceptable as they are not dated, do not show your name or the services which you provide.
The news paper articles which you have provided are unacceptable as they are dated 2nd and 6th August 2014. even though they made mistake first add was on 6th August and second one was on 7-August-2014.
The business cards and leaflets you have provided are not acceptable as they are not dated.
The website you have provided is not acceptable as you are not the registrant of the website and the website was registered after 11-JULY-2014.
You have therefore not submitted teh evidence specified at paragraph 41-SD(E) of Appendix A of the immigration rules.
should i lodge appeal or what is expert, best advise for me as i am in very stress and confused, i made my file with very hardworking and put too much effort but was sad and shocked to receive refusal, looks like home office has order from top authorities to not issue visa like that :(
Last edited by cool-dude on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PKBD

Re: Application Refused because of Advertising Material

Post by PKBD » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Hi cool-dude

Feel very sorry for you dear because your visa is refused.

You can appeal against HO decision if you can prove your printed material e.g Flyers, Business cards etc were printed before 11th july. Otherwise there is no way to prove this point.
Thanks

GivingtheSolution
Newly Registered

Post by GivingtheSolution » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:02 pm

I just wanted to say that the people who have got tier1 either accepted or rejected should start searching for other options. Because as you can see the ukba is introducing new policies and tougher procedures that will make everyone`s stay very difficult. So I would like to suggest you guys that start looking for either green card scheme Denmark or FSW Canada 2014 (closing 31st dec 2014 ). Fsw is a Permanent Residency visa which allows you to work fulltime and after three years you can apply for citizenship. So atleast your future is secure. If you guys need any further help. Call me on 07515647026 or email me on hraza212@gmail.com.

cool-dude
Newly Registered

Post by cool-dude » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:28 pm

thanks PKBD, yes i do have receipt of my business cards, leaflets and flyers, what about other objections like gum tree, business magnet, Thomson local and website, also thanks for GivingtheSolution for your beneficial advise

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:11 pm

Hello cool dude,

So sorry to hear about your refusal.. You have chance of winning if you can prove you are running your business coninuously prior to 11 July.. But one thing i did not understand what trade body certificate did you send HO? and other thing how did you know that HO was going to change new rule on 10th july and u managed to register ur company on 9th July?

Wish you good luck with your appeal.
Best Regards

Rockey

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:16 pm

Commiserations on your refusal. Things are not looking good for applicants after the July changes ?

cool-dude
Newly Registered

Post by cool-dude » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:17 am

Hi Rokey
ICO certificate is International Commission Office which keeps your personnel data in registers, it,s not HO requirement but it,s up to the applicant. yes i was engaged in business before 11-July-204 that,s why i had lease signed on 9-Jul-2014 and had contract signed on 10-July-2014 + i have had my advertising stuff on 10-July-2014, only thing home office do not understand if i had registered my company on 09-July-2014 then how i can have my website, news paper ads, and trade body certifications have only in two days that make sense, well i never knew lol bro if i knew then i would have done advertisement in July and was not going to get refusal. Thanks for your time and advise

cool-dude
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Application Refused because of Advertising Materi

Post by cool-dude » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:25 am

Hi Nasir Khan
yes bro you are %110 they are just trying to find silly excuses in order to refuse your application as they have order from high authorities make immigrants life as tough as they can, it,s just they have to obey law and rules otherwise they would even no give us right of appeal and send us back as soon as they can
thanks for your time as well

Rockey
Member of Standing

Post by Rockey » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:21 pm

Hello cool dude,

Then definatly you can win your case because your company is registered before 11th of July , therefore new rule does not implement on you , you can tell these things to judge as well..

you have good chance of winning , if you can defend youself then good otherwise hire a good lawyer who only deals with entrepreneur cases.
Wish you good luck
Best Regards

Rockey

cool-dude
Newly Registered

Post by cool-dude » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:44 pm

Hi Rockey
thanks very much bro for your wishes and i have already have professional immigration lawyer, thanks again for your wishes :)

coles medd
Newly Registered

Post by coles medd » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:28 pm

hi cool dude can you give me your email because am in the same boat as you would like some clarification.thanx

cool-dude
Newly Registered

Post by cool-dude » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi coles Medd
sure you can take any kind of help, it is not a problem at all, here is my email, innnocents@yahoo.com
Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:12 am

Cool dude
It looks like you got caught in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Given your company only came into existance on 9th July did you have a business bank account. If the answer is no then how could you have been trading?

The rule change was designed to knock out start up businesses that could not be fully evidenced on 11th July.hence the detailed refusal pointing out the minor but very significant gaps.

You are going to struggle at appeal unless you can evidence that you were actually trading on 11th and that you are still trading now.

Auzi02
Newly Registered

Post by Auzi02 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi Cool Dude,

I got refused for the same advert reason, so would really appreciate if you can update e about your case and advise me what shuldi do next.

Auzi02
Newly Registered

Post by Auzi02 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:54 pm

Hi Cool Dude,

I got refused for the same advert reason, so would really appreciate if you can update e about your case and advise me what shuldi do next.

Dan_86
Newly Registered

Post by Dan_86 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Hi,
Sorry to hear about ur refusal... I have the same issue... Although have been given the right of appeal.
Have you applied for an appeal?
Where are u situated, which part of UK?
Got the hearing date?

THanks,
Dan

Dan_86
Newly Registered

Post by Dan_86 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi,
Sorry to hear about ur refusal... I have the same issue... Although have been given the right of appeal.
Have you applied for an appeal?
Where are u situated, which part of UK?
Got the hearing date?

THanks,
Dan

johncena18
Newly Registered

Post by johncena18 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:46 pm

hi cool dude and every one else who is in same boat,

i got refused as well saying
as evidence of advertising you have provided

#a printout of your website
#online advertisements
#business cards and flyers
this evidence doesnot cover a continuous period before 11 july upto date of your application as stated in immigration rules no other evidence from paragraph 41-sd(E) has been submitted

even though i submitted business cards and flyers invoices which was way earlier then 11 july and one of the company which has contract with me stated on their letter head we came to know about this company through local advertisements so my concern is are they looking for only evidence which they mentioned in there paragraph 41-sd not the evidence i provided them and may be they say the same thing to judge we are only concern about evidence which we mentioned in our paragraph,
can any body please advise me what to do coz i am so much stressed.

johncena18
Newly Registered

Post by johncena18 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:08 pm

can any body reply please
thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:45 am

When were the actual flyers printed? If they were supplied after 11 July then they are outside of the requirement.
The contract for the supply of your services, when was that signed and is it of any real value, £2000 and above type stuff.
You do not mention anything about what other forms of advertising you have actually undertaken before 11 July.
Will UKVI progress their case in court on the same basis as the refusal, of course they will.
The rule change came about due to the massive amount of abuse of this route, so the date draws a line and that is it as far as they are concerned.

johncena18
Newly Registered

Post by johncena18 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:19 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:When were the actual flyers printed? If they were supplied after 11 July then they are outside of the requirement.
The contract for the supply of your services, when was that signed and is it of any real value, £2000 and above type stuff.
You do not mention anything about what other forms of advertising you have actually undertaken before 11 July.
Will UKVI progress their case in court on the same basis as the refusal, of course they will.
The rule change came about due to the massive amount of abuse of this route, so the date draws a line and that is it as far as they are concerned.
thank you frontier mole

yes flyers and business card got printed before 11 july and i attached invoices for both but they did not consider that as evidence and both of my contract were signed before 11 july and the monthly payment was coming as well on my company account but not upto 2000 because it was depended on the work i do for my companies,
so please advice

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:31 am

What about the other requirements in 41-sd (e)
Did you send all the required documents?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:07 am

Duplicate

johncena18
Newly Registered

Post by johncena18 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:11 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Duplicate
thankyou

yes i did send requirements but those were done after 11 july like website,online advertisements only business cards and flyers were before 11 july

after looking at all my case can you advice me strong points of mine please

i was thinking HO lawyer will say the same way invoices and letter from your contract company we would not take as evidence because it is not mentioned on 41sd(e) o what else i have to prove my point?

waiting for your lengthy reply,
thankyou
Last edited by johncena18 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

johncena18
Newly Registered

Post by johncena18 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:40 pm

johncena18 wrote:
Frontier Mole wrote:Duplicate
thankyou

yes i did send requirements but those were done after 11 july like website,online advertisements only business cards and flyers were before 11 july

after looking at all my case can you advice me strong points of mine please

i was thinking HO lawyer will say the same way invoices and letter from your contract company we would not take as evidence because it is not mentioned on 41sd(e) o what else i have to prove my point?

waiting for your lengthy reply,
thankyou