ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved at Croydon PEO ( Have the fare evasion issue)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

ILR Approved at Croydon PEO ( Have the fare evasion issue)

Post by gaurav76.5 » Fri May 09, 2014 3:06 pm

Hi All

I had my ILR application approved today. Here are the details :

5 year continuous stay on Tier 1 (General) - First Tier 1 applied on 23rd march 2009 and extension done on 6 June 2012
Was convicted of fare evasion on London Underground/ Rail on 2 Aug 2012. Was told by everyone that it leads to criminal record and will have to wait till Aug 2014 before I can apply for ILR. Did some research and found out it's non recordable offence and wont have any effect on ILR. However for peace of mind did go for Basic disclosure and PNC which came out absolutely clear.

Documents submitted :

Set O Form mentioned the Fare Evasion as the criminal conviction
12 month Payslips
12 month Bank Statements
PNC and Basic Disclosure Certificate
Fine Letter from Court
Employer Referece Letter
5 year P60s
Bachelor Degree
Life In UK Test Result

Appointment was at 9:10am
Reached and entered the building at 9:20 am
Case Registration and Biometrics done by 10 am
Decision was made by 11 am
Document handed back by 11:45 am ( there was delay because of some internal quality check)

Please do let me know if you need any more information. Best of Luck to remaining applicants..

satnaavg
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Approved at Croydon PEO ( Have the fare evasion issu

Post by satnaavg » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:50 am

Hi gaurav76.5

I understand that your conviction was approx 1.5 years before you were due to apply for ILR. In my case I am due to apply for ILR in April 2015 and was convicted for fare evasion in September 2014. I am currently on Tier 1 Visa. Could you please advise from your experience how to proceed from here for the application and what are the chances of refusal. Did you hire a solicitor for your application?

I spoke to a solicitor and was advised that it will not show up on records but my worry is its still an unspent conviction.

Many thanks in advance!

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:47 pm

You should be OK. I was also worried but whole process went smoothly. You can get Basic Disclosure and PNC check done.If nothing appears there you would be OK but do remember to mention it on the application form and cover letter.

immuser
Newly Registered

Post by immuser » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:48 pm

Hi Gaurav,

Congrats on your ILR Success, i am in similar situation convicted for fare evasion in feb 2015.
my ILR due on feb 2016. Could you please advise me for what are the chances of my ILR success.
I am bit worried and confused what to do.
Can you please advise will this effect my ilr?