ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I Do Security Business on Ent-T1 Visa on my company name

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

afzalkhan
Newly Registered

Can I Do Security Business on Ent-T1 Visa on my company name

Post by afzalkhan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:32 am

I got my tier-1 Entrepreneur Visa last week. When I got my Visa I was working as security supervisor.I have resigned from my job immediately but due to term of Contract I have to serve them 28 days notice which I have given.
So I have to work till my served notice period finished. I just wonder Can i Work these 28 days. is there any immigration issues if i work after getting visa for 4 weeks.???

Second I am trying to convince my employer to negotiate a business deal with me and instead of Paying to me directly; Make all future to my company name. This way i can keep doing my job on my company behalf.

Can anyone on this forum guide me please is this possible to work in security industry by negitioting a Security business contract.
I applied visa a Business consultant and open business consultancy firm. Will this effect my visa if I do Security business & Business consultancy together..

Any Gurus please...

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Re: Can I Do Security Business on Ent-T1 Visa on my company

Post by Princess of Ammi » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:01 am

well...

once you applied for your visa you were supposed to have stopped being security guard and paid all your attention to the business you were establishing. working as security guard as normal til a day before you received you visa you were technically in compliance with your visa conditions(if previous leave let you) however such working is not recognized at being genuine entrepreneur.

working illegally is not allowed for a single minute I do not know how to answer 28 days working and notice that you served your employer with. what would make it illegal now after the visa ''you will not be working for yourself, your business or at a level required to be 4 or above''

there can come a time when a business does not work according to what was expected at the 1st place where policy lets you change the business or you can have an add on or separate business. if you want to have an add on services in addition to the services you business already providing, speak to your accountant them guys they expert in such cases he would more likely advise you to open up another business where you can provide security services from, and before you do it your need to get further information if such a service as security(guarding) is recognized at level 4 or above that in my personal opinion is not.

you can by all means neglect all above I wrote and take further opinions from more reliable personnel
thanks,

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Working on a T1 visa is illegal. Running a business lower than the level 4 alongside your level 4 business is a hazy area. You will have to think about your extension when making these decisions. Functioning according to the law is one thing and its another if you can get away with being on the other side of it. No one here will and should advise you to do anything against the conditions of your visa which you would never have received had HO come to know about your full time occupation.

afzalkhan
Newly Registered

Post by afzalkhan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:00 pm

So that mean that 28 days notice period count to be illegal and it will effect my visa..