ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Odd question

Only for UK Tier 1 (Investor) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

arash_uk

Odd question

Post by arash_uk » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi,

my friend is applying for Tier 1 investor and he faced two odd questions on the application form:

Do you have a letter from a UK regulated financial institution confirming that original evidence of funds has been supplied?

The funds should not be in the UK and the answer to the above question for an applicant outside the UK should be NO. Am I right? But no where else in the application form it is asked about the investment funds. I guess there is typo in this question.

More wired is the question in dependent application form:
Which area of the maintenance requirement are you applying under?

Tier 1 investor does not have to show any maintenance. I dont know why they ask this question,

Any help would be appreciated.

secretly_londoner
Newly Registered

Re: Odd question

Post by secretly_londoner » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:08 am

The first question is not odd at all; if you check the documentation on the website, it advises:
"Your money can be in the UK or overseas when you apply."
"that the money can be transferred to the UK and converted to sterling (if it’s not already in the UK)"

They can also extend their stay in the UK as a TIER 1 Investor.

I couldn`t find second question on the Self-Assessment form therefore I can`t comment on it but if there is any question that it seems not applicable to the applicant, the applicant can explain it on the last section of the application forms which is `additional information`.

arash_uk

Post by arash_uk » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:06 pm

Thank you for your email.

then for the first question if the money is not in the UK the answer is NO?

4uvak000

Post by 4uvak000 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:18 pm

The answer is NO, but make sure in the bank letter it says that money can be transferred in to UK and that bank is regulated by financial authority of the country of its operation. Maintenance requirement is not applicable to Investor's dependents.
in the Immigration Rules it says - Tier 1 family members:
Family members of Tier 1 migrants (other than Tier 1 (Investor) or Tier 1 (Exceptional
talent))
must have evidence of available funds of:
 £1,260 - if the applicant is the dependant of a Tier 1 (Graduate entrepreneur) migrant
who has been in the UK for less than 12 months, or
 £1,890 - if the applicant is the dependant of a Tier 1 migrant in another category who is
either outside the UK or has been present in the UK for less than 12 months
 £630 - if the applicant is the dependant of any Tier 1 migrant who has been in the UK
for 12 months or more.
Dependants of Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrants cannot use the same funds the Tier 1
(Entrepreneur) used to score points for attributes in order to meet the maintenance
requirement.
Dependants of Tier 1 (Investor) and Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) migrants do not need to meet
the maintenance requirement.

Good luck