ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for EU partner

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Amgody02

ILR for EU partner

Post by Amgody02 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:25 pm

hi all,

I just want to ask if i can apply for the indefinite leave to remain or not as iam a husband for a EU citizen and i got married in England on the 2nd February 2010 , but i my visa end date is on September 2015, i want to know if i can apply after 5 years form the date in got married or the date i got my visa ? thanks

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: ILR for EU partner

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:04 pm

You can apply for PR equivalent to ILR after completing 5 years from the day of marriage with EU national regardless of the date shown on EEA2 RC. But for these 5 years your EU national must have been a qualified person and must not have been absent from UK for more than 6 months in a year.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:05 pm

5 years from the date you received your 'visa'. However, was this a family permit under EU rules or a spouse visa under UK regulations?
If you are married to an EU citizen you won't be able to apply for ILR, you should be applying for PR.

In Oct 2013 in this post you were applying for British Citizenship :?
http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... ml#p964403
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amgody02

Post by Amgody02 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:18 am

it's for one of my friends not for me :D , ok i just have another question, can he apply for the PR in the same day or he has to send it by post ?? thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:20 am

send it by post
There is no same day service for EEA/EU route applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.