ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON EU SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cometoireland
Kenya

NON EU SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION

Post by Cometoireland » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:58 am

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help us. I am a non-eu, visa required national currently living in my home country. In may, my irish husband and I got married and we immediately applied for my visa to move to ireland. We submitted our application on 14th may 2014 and after what seemed like an eternity without hearing back, my husband sent an email to INIS enquiring about the status. We were basically told that our application was received on 6.6.14 and that because ours is a long stay visa, then we would need to wait for 3-6 months to receive a decision.

Is this normal? On the website, the timeline stated is 2 months. I guess im looking for someone with a similar experience to share the same with us so we dont feel so hopeless. I had applied for a visit visa in 2012 but the decision took forever and was later denied because the invitation dates had passed.

What is the normal waiting time? Is there anything we can do to expedite the decision? Im not sure how much more of this waiting we can take as my husband left for ireland 1 month after our wedding and the constant back and forth is not only putting a strain on both our finances but also my husbands career as he is always on holiday (or so it seems).

Regards and thanks in advance.

Cometoireland
Kenya

Re: NON EU SPOUSE VISA APPLICATION

Post by Cometoireland » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Anyone with any information on this?

Regards,

lucyard
Newly Registered

Post by lucyard » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:21 pm

Cometoireland wrote:Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help us. I am a non-eu, visa required national currently living in my home country. In may, my irish husband and I got married and we immediately applied for my visa to move to ireland. We submitted our application on 14th may 2014 and after what seemed like an eternity without hearing back, my husband sent an email to INIS enquiring about the status. We were basically told that our application was received on 6.6.14 and that because ours is a long stay visa, then we would need to wait for 3-6 months to receive a decision.

Is this normal? On the website, the timeline stated is 2 months. I guess im looking for someone with a similar experience to share the same with us so we dont feel so hopeless. I had applied for a visit visa in 2012 but the decision took forever and was later denied because the invitation dates had passed.

What is the normal waiting time? Is there anything we can do to expedite the decision? Im not sure how much more of this waiting we can take as my husband left for ireland 1 month after our wedding and the constant back and forth is not only putting a strain on both our finances but also my husbands career as he is always on holiday (or so it seems).

Usually it takes 3 to 6 month for a spouse visa. U have to be a lil patience I'll say

T & G

Post by T & G » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:27 pm

hi, have applied for the same visa (long stay) for my non eu husband and got refused after 11 months waiting time.. so there is no time frame. good luck. hope you get the approval letter.

Post by 110 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:35 pm

Not always the case, countries which have an Irish embassy not a consulate, process it fairly quickly if all documentation is in order.

From India from my own experience and also know few other people it took less than 2 weeks.

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:12 am

lucyard wrote:

Usually it takes 3 to 6 month for a spouse visa. U have to be a lil patience I'll say

Thanks for the feedback. We will try to be patient though Tuesdays cause so much anxiety for us aswe think the decision will be out but get dissapointedeach time.

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:16 am

T & G wrote:

hi, have applied for the same visa (long stay) for my non eu husband and got refused after 11 months waiting time.. so there is no time frame. good luck. hope you get the approval letter.
So sorry to hear about your husband’s refusal. 11 months seems like an awefully long time to wait. May I ask which country your husband is from? I hope everything works out well for you as well.

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:25 am

110 wrote:Not always the case, countries which have an Irish embassy not a consulate, process it fairly quickly if all documentation is in order.

From India from my own experience and also know few other people it took less than 2 weeks.
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, we only have a consulate here. We asked if we could travel to Tanzania to apply directly at the embassy there or if my husband can submit the application in dublin on my behalf but we were advised that both these options were not possible. We then submitted our application in early may only to be told that our application was received in dublin on the 2 week of June (about a month after we submitted). The lady at the consulate said that our application would take about 2 months...when we emailed INIS, we were told 3-6 months.

I guess we just have no choice but to wait and hope for the best or keep sending emails to INIS and hope that they can give us a decision quickly.

T & G

Post by T & G » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:26 am

Hi, thanks and good luck to you. My husband has applied from Georgia. I dont know how it works with other countries but in our case it was the worst 11 months in our life.

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:52 am

T & G wrote:Hi, thanks and good luck to you. My husband has applied from Georgia. I dont know how it works with other countries but in our case it was the worst 11 months in our life.
It is a very tough time for us as well. Have you appealed or resubmitted? Just want to start exploring our options incase we dont get a favourable response. Today I called the consulate who told me that additional information was requested in june. I wonder why no one contacted me or my husband especially since we have been intouch with INIS/ department of justice on email on several occassions and have on each time advised on how we can be contacted should they require more info.

Anyway, I hope to be back here with an update that my visa has finally been issued.

Regards.

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:54 pm

Good news. We received an email notifying us that the visa has been approved ~happy dance~

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:01 pm

Congrats

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:20 pm

Hello, if we apply for a single entry short stay visa for my indonesian wife will it get processed quickly? Also is a previous uk visitor viss refusal be a problem it happened b4 we married due to lack of supporting documents

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:23 pm

Congrats CTI, always good to read happy results.

Rob the OP is about spouse visa, your route is via treaty rights which is totally different. Read the directive, it says the application is an expidiated process. I've seen some posts that they got it a just a few days, but 21 to 28 days is still not bad. If they take longer than 28 days I would be suprised.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

Prince_irl

Post by Prince_irl » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:21 pm

357mag wrote:Congrats CTI, always good to read happy results.

Rob the OP is about spouse visa, your route is via treaty rights which is totally different. Read the directive, it says the application is an expidiated process. I've seen some posts that they got it a just a few days, but 21 to 28 days is still not bad. If they take longer than 28 days I would be suprised.
I submit my family application and waiting for 9 weeks and still waiting
application sent...18/01/2016
paymen taken 21/01/2016
biomatics letter...03/02/2016 (dated 28/01/2016)
biomatrics given 07/02/2016
COA with work 15/02/2016
Passport back request 10/02/2016
passport back......20/02/2016
RC Arrive....4/08/2016

Cometoireland
Kenya

Post by Cometoireland » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Thanks CK and 357mag...I arrived safely in Ireland and everything went smoothly at the airport...except for the endless questions on arrival. Now we will need advice on if we want to travel to other parts of Europe with my irish husband. But i will ask more when the time is right.

This website has been awesome!!