ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

City and Guilds B2 Test is Lost

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

asifKhan00145

City and Guilds B2 Test is Lost

Post by asifKhan00145 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:32 pm

Dear Friends,

Last year my Tier 4 visa was rejected and my case is in appeal and all of my passports are in HO but this year my 10 years of Long residency have been completed and I am going to apply for ILR but my B2 test has been lost somewhere in my house when I was changing my accommodation.

Now city and Guilds is saying that I have to come in their Head Office to collect my replacement Certificates with the proof that on the date of test (15/11/2013) is was in uk. I dont know how to prove that I was not outside UK on the date of test because all of my passports are in Home Office.
please reply me soon.
Waiting your reply

Best Regards
Asif

asifKhan00145

Re: City and Guilds B2 Test is Lost

Post by asifKhan00145 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:59 pm

Dear Amber, Obie and other Friends,

Any body knows the solution of above problem.........Waiting your kind reply,

Best regards

pelen23

Re: City and Guilds B2 Test is Lost

Post by pelen23 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:49 pm

asifKhan00145 wrote:Dear Friends,

Last year my Tier 4 visa was rejected and my case is in appeal and all of my passports are in HO but this year my 10 years of Long residency have been completed and I am going to apply for ILR but my B2 test has been lost somewhere in my house when I was changing my accommodation.

Now city and Guilds is saying that I have to come in their Head Office to collect my replacement Certificates with the proof that on the date of test (15/11/2013) is was in uk. I dont know how to prove that I was not outside UK on the date of test because all of my passports are in Home Office.
please reply me soon.
Waiting your reply

Best Regards
Asif
I don't think any of us would know the procedure of city and guild for sure but My understanding is they want to see the id you provided on the day you took the test? Or do they want to see some formal id? If the first one? What if you have lost that passport or it is stolen? Surely they can demand to see the same id . They should be able to accept something else as an id . You need to be very firm and explain the situation. if necessary prove that your passport is at home office. If a junior staff cannot help you, ask the manager or supervisor who can have a discretion or take executive decision. There will always be a way to get round it.

Good luck