ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

RAKE5H
Newly Registered

Re: ILR postal applications (excluding SET(LR))

Post by RAKE5H » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:56 am

Has anyone recieved their confirmation/BRP for SET(O) applications made in May or June?

wishmaster
Newly Registered

Post by wishmaster » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:31 pm

HO statistics for Set (M) applicants:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-561609

The information obtained as of 16th September, 2014:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ex%201.pdf

Ahmed Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed Khan » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:20 pm

RAKE5H wrote:Has anyone recieved their confirmation/BRP for SET(O) applications made in May or June?
Hi I applied 1st week of july using set o form but still waiting for approval and brp card . fingers crossed

MARIMAA
Newly Registered

Post by MARIMAA » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:33 am

Mahvish Farhat wrote:Hi ...just wanted to check if the may applicantd that are still waiting for their ilr, did They submit their application through the settlement checking service. I think the may applicants still waiting posted their application
hi , CONGRATULATIONS I am going to apply in three weeks for ILR, CAN U HELP ME PLEASE ?

ibzo

Post by ibzo » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my timeline with you guys, as praise be to Allah my wife received the ILR approval (set M) this Thursday October 15th. Fortunately, it didn't take very long.

We applied late June 2014 via normal postal application (can't remember date), but payment was deducted on 02 July, and we received the approval letter on October 15th 2014, so all in all, it was about 3.5 months. It arrived via royal mail, and no signature was requested! Now awaiting actual BRP :D

Alhamdulilllah

MARIMAA
Newly Registered

Post by MARIMAA » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:25 pm

ibzo wrote:Hi All,

Just wanted to share my timeline with you guys, as praise be to Allah my wife received the ILR approval (set M) this Thursday October 15th. Fortunately, it didn't take very long.

We applied late June 2014 via normal postal application (can't remember date), but payment was deducted on 02 July, and we received the approval letter on October 15th 2014, so all in all, it was about 3.5 months. It arrived via royal mail, and no signature was requested! Now awaiting actual BRP :D

Alhamdulilllah
Hi can u to fill out the set m form ,I mean sections are confusing me

ibzo

Post by ibzo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:07 am

MARIMAA wrote:
ibzo wrote:Hi All,

Alhamdulilllah
Hi can u to fill out the set m form ,I mean sections are confusing me
Hello. I did fill it in myself though i am no expert so it's best to ask the experts on this forum. I'm happy to help out though

RAKE5H
Newly Registered

Post by RAKE5H » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:16 am

Ahmed Khan wrote:
RAKE5H wrote:Has anyone recieved their confirmation/BRP for SET(O) applications made in May or June?
Hi I applied 1st week of july using set o form but still waiting for approval and brp card . fingers crossed
Thanks Ahmed ... I've applied on 2nd June and still waiting :( Hopefully we get some good news soon. I can see the June months SET(M) forms are getting the confirmation but have not seen any SET(O) ones.
As you said .. fingers crossed.

Ahmed Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed Khan » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:22 am

Ahmed Khan wrote:
Thanks RAKE5H . Yes you are right SET M and SET LR are getting their approvals as I can see people applied in mid july and have had their approvals but not SET 0 . Doesn,t make any sense to me .its really frustrating this wait . All we can do is lets be positive and hope for the best .
Thanks

spring333
Newly Registered

Post by spring333 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:26 am

This forum has been very useful and has to a certain extent helped me remain patient and calm in my wait for my Set 'O' application (ILR) after completing 5years as a Tier 2 migrant.
Only rang HO once on 8/09/14 and that time the lady said they were still dealing with April applications and that the set 'O' applications normally take up to 6 months.
I received my documents and confirmation dated 14th October 2014 on the 18th October 2014 via Royal mail, now just waiting for the BRP.

My time line
Application Set 'O' main applicant and 4 dependants

posted on 19th May 2014
acknowledgement received on 21 May 2014
Biometrics letter received 11 June 2014
Biometrics done 17June 2014
Documents and confirmation letter received on 18th October 2014 dated 14/10/2014
Now waiting for BRP, expected within 7 days.
Thanks to everyone for your contributions which have been of great encouragement.
:) :) :)

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:26 am

Ahmed Khan wrote: Thanks RAKE5H . Yes you are right SET M and SET LR are getting their approvals as I can see people applied in mid july and have had their approvals but not SET 0 . Doesn,t make any sense to me .its really frustrating this wait . All we can do is lets be positive and hope for the best .
Thanks
There are only a few people who come here and report out of thousands of applications. So if a couple of people have reported to have their SET(M) application approved but nobody reported SET(O) for the same period, then its not likely that SET(O) applications are running late. Its highly likely down to the number of individual reports we get on this forum.

I am feeling a bit more optimistic here. :roll:
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

Sweets23
Newly Registered

Post by Sweets23 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:32 am

Hi any one yet waiting for their brp card after receiving the ilr approval letter.
I have received my approval letter dated 11oct on 15 oct but still not recvd my brp card.

Any one in a similar situation.

spring333
Newly Registered

Post by spring333 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Hi everyone
Received my BRP just after midday today by courier.
All the best to everyone.

Spring333

RAKE5H
Newly Registered

Post by RAKE5H » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:01 pm

spring333 wrote:Hi everyone
Received my BRP just after midday today by courier.
All the best to everyone.

Spring333
Congrats Spring333 ... and thanks for updating us with your details. As we don't see many SET(O) applications and your one definitely was like an oasis in this desert of wait :)
Hopefully we get ours soon as your application was of mid May.

tcbrasil

Post by tcbrasil » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:36 pm

Here is my timeline updated.

RAKE5H
Newly Registered

Post by RAKE5H » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:47 am

vishme6 wrote:I have applied before you (13th May) Set 0 and still waiting. So keep patience!! I am sure in next couple of weeks, we will surely hear some news.
Hi Vishme6 ..... any updates mate on your approval/BRP please? Have you received the approval etc?

Ahmed Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmed Khan » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:13 am

RAKE5H wrote:
vishme6 wrote:I have applied before you (13th May) Set 0 and still waiting. So keep patience!! I am sure in next couple of weeks, we will surely hear some news.
Hi Vishme6 I can see that it has been more than 5 months since you have applied . Have you considered getting in touch with them to see how things going on ?

SAI13
Newly Registered

Post by SAI13 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Ahmed Khan wrote:
RAKE5H wrote:
Hi Vishme6 I can see that it has been more than 5 months since you have applied . Have you considered getting in touch with them to see how things going on ?

hello guys

I have applied on 23rd of may SET (m) but no reply yet. plz do keep posting if you hear anything. did call home office today but they were saying the standard anwer as 6 months, the guy on the phone even saying its only been 5 months n we r still in the timeline. :shock: really fed up wit this crap waiting...

wishmaster
Newly Registered

Post by wishmaster » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:25 am

My wife applied on 12th may through set (m). We called the ukba, and they said its not completed yet and we should wait. We will call them again after couple of weeks after the six month period is over. I think there are a few inefficient (or new recruits) caseworkers dealing with set (m) applications at the moment. Our application is a straightforward case and shouldn't take this long.

SAI13
Newly Registered

Post by SAI13 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:05 pm

wishmaster wrote:My wife applied on 12th may through set (m). We called the ukba, and they said its not completed yet and we should wait. We will call them again after couple of weeks after the six month period is over. I think there are a few inefficient (or new recruits) caseworkers dealing with set (m) applications at the moment. Our application is a straightforward case and shouldn't take this long.
Your quite right on that as it depends on the case worker... probably the guy dealing with my case has either alot of case file or he's less experience. but do u think they keep the records of caller such as how many times an applicant is calling? cos i've been calling them for last one month quite frequently n was thinking they may b delaying my applicaion deliberately as m calling them again n again!

wishmaster
Newly Registered

Post by wishmaster » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:11 pm

If you phone the home office to know the progress of your application, the telephone operators may keep a log of your calls. However, your caseworker won’t be keen enough to check how many times you have called. So it won’t help your application to process any faster or slower.
The worst thing is that these applications are not always handled on a ‘first come first served' basis. You will find that the person who applied 3 months after you has got his decision, while yours' is still pending. Apparently, their management system is extremely poor. A caseworker should start his work every morning with the earliest application under his workload (provided all documents and reports are available), and their management should keep a keen eye if these applications are processed according to the chronological incoming order. I think the management doesn't interfere with the workings of a caseworker before six months, thereby, giving ample chance for a caseworker to be sloppy in his work. A caseworker may deal with 50/60 files at any given time, but the processing time for a file taking half a year is just ridiculous.

TIER1AUSSIE

Finally Bio Metrics Letter SET 0

Post by TIER1AUSSIE » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:19 pm

Biometrics Set 0 received and completed today to update my time line.

Very slow 1 month and 12 days to get biometric, although I did miss a question and had to resend application in.

All the best to everyone on set 0. But there is no what I would ever tell anyone not to pay the extra £400.00 if you can get 1 day service.

My dependants are allowed to do premium and i WILL be doing all of theirs that way this 6 months is a killer.

Also think we the 12 months you need to wait for citizenship should be time waiting only not holding ILR FOR 12 months, if you have done the 6 years in total you should be able to apply as soon as your time is up. Even if you do the two applications at once.

Albaland
Newly Registered

Post by Albaland » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Hi all
Have been a silent viewer and have found the forum very useful so here is our timeline:

Applied form Set (m) spouse visa after 2 years

Applied date: 27 june via post
Aknowleedgement letter received on 4th of July
Biometric done on 5th of July
Approved/approval letter received today: 27th of October
Brp waiting should be within 5 working days it states.

Best of luck to you all and hope you all receive good news soon.

maulik29
Newly Registered

Post by maulik29 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi Everyone,
Here is my timeline for SET(O) tier 1 general.

Application by post through Solicitor
Applied on - 29/08/14
Acknowledgement letter - 03/09/14
Biometric received - 09/09/14
Biometric sent - 23/09/13

Now I believe it's waiting time for me of 3-4 months??
Any ideas or recent good news for any one??
Good luck everyone.

Snowborn
Newly Registered

Post by Snowborn » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi,

Just Phoned UKVI and got strange answer from them regarding SET (O) Tier 1 General Application that they are dealing with June & July Months applications together.
Strange answer for me because 2 weeks ago they told me they were still dealing with May application.
I have applied first week of June and still waiting.

Any one SET (O) Tier 1 (G) got response from UKBI?

My timeline is :

SET (O) from Tier 1 (General) 5 yrs rule

Application Posted (Royal mail Special Delivery) - 05/06/2014
Biometrics Letter received - 21/06/2014 Dated: 19/06/2014
Biometrics done 28/06/2014
Status - Waiting