ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

matt14

Student Visitor Visa

Post by matt14 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:19 am

Hi,

Need some advice here people, the situation: My friend was issued a 6 month tourist visa last year on 22 November 2013 which was valid from 22 December 2013 to 22 June 2014. She came to UK on 23rd December, spent 2 weeks here and left and then came back after 2 months and stayed for 3.5 months, leaving in june - 2 weeks before her visa expired. Now she is planning to attend english language courses for a couple of months and taking the IELTS exam in UK. So she is planning to apply for a student visitor visa this time.

I have read somewhere that you can only get 1 visit visa in 1 year. Also iv read that you can spend no more than 6 months in UK during a 1 year period. My friend is planning to apply for a student visitor visa at the start of november and coming to UK on 29th November.

Question: Do you think she is allowed to apply for another visit visa within the time frame that i have mentioned? Or will her application be refused? Also note that she did not spend 6 full months on her last visit visa.

Thanks in advance, people!

ouflak1

Re: Student Visitor Visa

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:14 am

matt14 wrote: I have read somewhere that you can only get 1 visit visa in 1 year. Also iv read that you can spend no more than 6 months in UK during a 1 year period.
Each visitor visa the UK grants/denies is considered on its own merits, with all the relevant background details taken into account. If the UK wants to grant somebody two 6 month visit visas in a the same year, then they can. There is no restriction, not on themselves, not on anybody. However if somebody is attempting to remain in the UK more than 6 total months out of any year period as a 'visitor' , this should be looked at closely, as this is bordering awfully close to residency, not just visitation.
matt14 wrote: My friend is planning to apply for a student visitor visa at the start of November and coming to UK on 29th November.

Question: Do you think she is allowed to apply for another visit visa within the time frame that i have mentioned? Or will her application be refused? Also note that she did not spend 6 full months on her last visit visa.
A student visitor visa is a different visa. And it is not unreasonable for somebody to come and visit the UK, maybe check out a few education options, and then decide to come back and take a course. It will draw extra scrutiny, but if she is honest and genuine, her case will be decided fairly. It will not be automatically denied by any existing policy.