ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 (General) Student extension under different circumsta

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ikaur
Newly Registered

Tier 4 (General) Student extension under different circumsta

Post by ikaur » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:13 pm

Tier 4 (General) Student extension under different circumstances.

Dear all,

I am currently on Tier 4 (General) visa category due to expire on 18 December 2014. On the other hand, I am currently awaiting the
outcome of court case of my divorce therefore I want to request if my visa can be extended for another 3 months or even a month.
If I can, how do I apply? What form do I use? Where can I get more informations?
Please advise. I would be very grateful for your help in this matter.

Thank you
I Kaur

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 4 (General) Student extension under different circu

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:04 pm

You can't extend your current visa for personal reasons. If you were taking a new course of study or needed more time for re-sit of exams that would be ok.
If you want to stay on you would have to apply under FLRO and state why you need to remain in the UK outside of the rules. I have doubts about it being granted to deal with the divorce unless there are children involved or some extremely or complex legal arguments. Divorce is a purely civil administrative action that normally does not require attendance at court. Your legal representative can deal with it in your absence.