ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnant IN FRANCE and confused! NEED HELP

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

needhelp14
Newly Registered

Pregnant IN FRANCE and confused! NEED HELP

Post by needhelp14 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:09 pm

I am hoping someone on here can give me advice on my situation, which is very dire. I came over to visit my bf after a failed attempt of trying to get a student visa to France ( I am American by the way). We have been together for a year (going back and forth) and have been trying every possible way to be together (besides marriage). Well, my 90 day tourist visa is about to expire and I just found out I am pregnant...Please do not think we are irresponsible as I am (or was) on birth control.
We are both young, around 24, and we don't want to get married yet, but we would like to raise the baby together in France. Is marriage really the only option at this point?
Is there anyway I can try to extend my 90 tourist visa given the circumstances? And if I can't would it then be hard to get married if I overstayed to go through the process, even if I showed the intention of going back to the US to apply for the Long Stay Visa for a spouse? I'm so scared and I don't know what to do at this point...

If anyone has any advice, please let me know! I tried asking this on another forum, but really got no concrete advice...and it's the weekend, so there is nothing I can do right now. The wait is killing me!

logical_1

Re: Pregnant IN FRANCE and confused! NEED HELP

Post by logical_1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:52 pm

Everything depends on your partner's nationality. Is your partner an EU national and if so,which country is he from?
Did u sell your soul for a mere stack?