ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice Needed DLR Extension

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

asadzareef89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Advice Needed DLR Extension

Post by asadzareef89 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Hello to All Forum members

Recently I applied for extension of my DLR but have just one question for all of you If you don't mind answering.

My passport expired in July 2012 and my visa expiry date was 20/09/2014

My application was made on time and they have also taken the payment from my account the next day(19/09/2014) they received the payment.

I did try to renew my passport but i couldn't because they asked me i had to present my valid National ID card of Pakistan and i told them that was in Pakistan and had no access to it. They asked me to get a new one and when i went to get that they told me I would need to ring a number to trace my ID card number for them to issue a new one. I rang the number and they asked me to provide them with the ID card number of one of my blood siblings from Pakistan. Now i had no way of getting that so I couldn't renew my passport because of that until now.

I did tell the Home Office all of this so does expired passport makes my application invalid?

Thanks on any information you could provide me as they wouldn't have taken the payment if they weren't even going to consider it because of expired Passport(that's what i think) but I have researched everywhere on their website and on other places (forums) but can't find an explanation to my situation. The only thing I could find was that if you have any information or documents missing, just send your application regardless before your current leave expires and explain the reason and/or when you will be able to submit the missing information.

And if it is returned as invalid because of expired passport, what options would I have in that situation?

Thanks

asadzareef89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Advice Needed DLR Extension

Post by asadzareef89 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:10 am

no one had any idea about what could be the situation?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:51 pm

An expired passport will not invalidate your application.

The fact that they have taken your money, indicates your application will in all probability be fine.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

asadzareef89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by asadzareef89 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:01 pm

Obie wrote:An expired passport will not invalidate your application.

The fact that they have taken your money, indicates your application will in all probability be fine.
Thanks for letting me know as I didn't get an answer from anywhere and couldn't afford a lawyer.

Also Got biometric letter today in which there is another page which tells me that because i have applied for DLR which is outside the rules and raises important provisions of the ECHR it might take some time.

They received my application on 19th and visa expiry was 20th but because 20th and 21st was a holiday they took the payment on 22nd. In the acknowledgement letter or biometric letter it doesn't state that until my application is decided I have the same entitlements. So does this mean they are considering my application to be late? Also doesn't mention the extension, just says that I have applied for DLR, so would they give me if they do an extension or a new DLR under new rules

Thanks again

asadzareef89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by asadzareef89 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:32 am

Any idea obie on the recent developments?

asadzareef89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by asadzareef89 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:10 am

Anyone else got acknowledgement letter saying nothing other than we have received your application.

asadzareef89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by asadzareef89 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Please if any member can put my mind at ease, also I got a letter from solicitors of orange that they are taking me to court n sent me a letter from ccj. I can't afford the 260 including feels I'm on benefits. Would this ccj affect my application for extension of dlr. It was issued on 9th October almost 3 weeks after my application so should I inform home office or not? Please obie amber or any other experienced members

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:38 pm

The bad credit will not affect the DLR, but may affect ILR or citizenship application.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

asadzareef89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by asadzareef89 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:06 am

Obie wrote:The bad credit will not affect the DLR, but may affect ILR or citizenship application.
So do I need to inform HO of this impending ccj as I still have 14 days to reply and have emailed the accuser to settle out of court via monthly payments

asadzareef89
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by asadzareef89 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:29 am

Every day is like hell waiting for a reply, wish thy send it soon. I know it's only been 5 weeks since I applied but the wait feels like 2 years already