ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank ref letter in Hong Kong - fund transferable

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nightwatcher0303
Newly Registered

Bank ref letter in Hong Kong - fund transferable

Post by nightwatcher0303 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:59 am

Hello, everybody

I am applying the t1 entrepreneur scheme from Hong Kong. I cannot get a bank reference letter from HSBC with a statement showing that the fund is transferable to the UK. Bank said the letter was enough for the application.

Does anyone applied from Hong Kong have similar experience that the bank refused to put on the "fund transferable to the UK" wordings. Please advise.

Rgds,

nightwatcher

entrepreneur123

Re: Bank ref letter in Hong Kong - fund transferable

Post by entrepreneur123 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:03 am

you need this sentence on bank letter, i have seen many refusals missing this in bank letter, use the letter format that is given at the end of policy guidance

nightwatcher0303 wrote:Hello, everybody

I am applying the t1 entrepreneur scheme from Hong Kong. I cannot get a bank reference letter from HSBC with a statement showing that the fund is transferable to the UK. Bank said the letter was enough for the application.

Does anyone applied from Hong Kong have similar experience that the bank refused to put on the "fund transferable to the UK" wordings. Please advise.

Rgds,

nightwatcher

nightwatcher0303
Newly Registered

Post by nightwatcher0303 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:47 pm

Yes I know, but I have requested HSBC to include this statement in their letter, but they just refused it.
I have complaint to the local Monetary Authority, and they have written me a letter confirming that there are no exchange controls in HK, and funds can be freely flow into and out of the country. Do you think that this is acceptable ?

I have asked another local bank, they also refused to have this transferable to UK sentence. It seems difficult to have banks in HK to write me letter according to the Home Office format.

Do I need to set up an UK account ? In case, I have set up an UK account, can I just give the Home Office the statement as fund proof ? Anyone can help ?

Rgds,

nightwatcher

heartsmith
Newly Registered

Post by heartsmith » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:42 am

Have you applied for your visa yet? Can you please let me know what is the progress.

I am also applying from HK.

sonheaven

Post by sonheaven » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:03 am

nightwatcher0303 wrote:Yes I know, but I have requested HSBC to include this statement in their letter, but they just refused it.
I have complaint to the local Monetary Authority, and they have written me a letter confirming that there are no exchange controls in HK, and funds can be freely flow into and out of the country. Do you think that this is acceptable ?

I have asked another local bank, they also refused to have this transferable to UK sentence. It seems difficult to have banks in HK to write me letter according to the Home Office format.

Do I need to set up an UK account ? In case, I have set up an UK account, can I just give the Home Office the statement as fund proof ? Anyone can help ?

Rgds,

nightwatcher
Hey, how's your application going? May give you some advice depending on your current progress