ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply UK born child's visa from India

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

depakgupta
Newly Registered

Apply UK born child's visa from India

Post by depakgupta » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:03 am

I and my wife are on Tier 1 General standard & dependant respectively. Recently we had a baby boy. We have already received his Indian passport. My wife wants to travel to India with the child and apply for his visa from India later on.

My Questions are
1. Is it okay for my child to travel to India without UK visa? Will there be any problem for him in getting out of UK or getting into India?
2. Can we apply for his dependant visa from India?

O_Relly

Re: Apply UK born child's visa from India

Post by O_Relly » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:17 pm

Congrats on the baby :-)

1. Yes.
2. Yes.

Search the forum and you will find a number of folks who have done this successfully.
Cheers,
OR

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:45 am

Same case. Will apply from India in Q4.
Don't miss the TB cert/letter.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:23 am

t1s2010 wrote:Same case. Will apply from India in Q4.
Don't miss the TB cert/letter.

I remember the ukba / ukvi site was updated at some point to state that TB certificate was not required for children under the age of 11. Am sure there was a discussion and a reference made about this in a previous post in this board. However, I am unable to find such a reference in UKVI now.
Cheers,
OR

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:40 am

O_Relly wrote:I remember the ukba / ukvi site was updated at some point to state that TB certificate was not required for children under the age of 11. Am sure there was a discussion and a reference made about this in a previous post in this board. However, I am unable to find such a reference in UKVI now.
I think, chronology was.. HO initially was fine to not have TB cert for infants and at some point later HO started becoming fussy.

Clinic will most likely not have test but letter needed from approved clinics.
https://www.gov.uk/tb-test-visa/overview
All children must see a clinician who’ll decide if they need a chest x-ray. Children under 11 will not normally have a chest x-ray.

You must take your child to an approved clinic and complete a health questionnaire. If the clinician decides your child doesn’t have TB they’ll give you a certificate. Include this certificate with your child’s UK visa application.

shujathm1
Newly Registered

Post by shujathm1 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Even my case is same. I am confused too as the new website says we must have a visa if we need to travel in/out of UK.

"Children born while you’re in the UK

If you have children while you’re in the UK, you can apply for permission for them to stay.

You must do this if you want to travel in and out of the UK with them.

Complete the application form and send a full UK birth certificate for each child showing the names of both parents."

And recently my frnd came back with his baby and he did not require andy tb certificate. Will appreciate your responses.