ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby born in UK, can travel on indian passport without visa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shujathm1
Newly Registered

Baby born in UK, can travel on indian passport without visa?

Post by shujathm1 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi,
Me and my wife are on Tier 1 General standard & dependant respectively. Recently we had a baby boy. We have already received his Indian passport. My wife wants to travel to India with the child and apply for his visa from India.

My Query is:

1. Is it okay for my child to travel to India without UK visa? Will there be any problem for him in getting out of UK or getting into India?
2. Can we apply for his dependant visa from India?

I have recently read the below on UKBA website.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general/family-members

"Children born while you’re in the UK
If you have children while you’re in the UK, you can apply for permission for them to stay.
You must do this if you want to travel in and out of the UK with them.
Complete the application form and send a full UK birth certificate for each child showing the names of both parents."

But I know many people have travelled on just Indian passport to india without UK visa of their child. Not sure if the rule is changed or may be I am not understanding by what UKBA meant by the above.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Baby born in UK, can travel on indian passport without v

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:24 pm

It's fine to leave the UK but will need a visa to return. An Indian passport holder will not be allowed to board the aircraft if there is no valid visa to enter the UK. The fact that the child was born in the UK will not be considered by the airline check-in staff as that is not within their capacity to verify.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: Baby born in UK, can travel on indian passport without v

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:46 am

Baby doesn't need a visa if not leaving UK (up to the time either of the parent got their ILR and then they can apply for citizenship certificate for them) but would need if travelling before ILR and specifically while returning.