ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa Valid - Travel allowed?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

akshat.kh
Newly Registered

Student Visa Valid - Travel allowed?

Post by akshat.kh » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:57 am

Hello,

My UK student visa (Tier 4) is valid till Jan 2015. However my course is over and I have started work in Europe, ( I have a work permit for the Netherlands.)
My question is - am I allowed to travel to the UK or do I require a tourist visa now to travel there?

Thanks!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Student Visa Valid - Travel allowed?

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:36 am

If you are not returning to continue a course of study you should not be using a student visa to enter. That's what the rules say. However, given that you have a valid visa, it seems absurd to ignore that and apply for a visit visa to serve the same purpose. Your entry depends on how you react to any questions about the purpose of your visit.

vinny

Re: Student Visa Valid - Travel allowed?

Post by vinny » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:32 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.