ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance requirement for dependent if applying outside UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shujathm1
Newly Registered

Maintenance requirement for dependent if applying outside UK

Post by shujathm1 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi,

Can anyone tell what is the maintenance fund requirement for making application under Tier 1 general dependant category?

Do I need to maintain 630 or 630+630(for myself) or 630+945 (for myself)?

I am not applying at the same time. I already have visa and I am just applying for my baby from India. Please help.

UKBA policy guidance info below is very confusing.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07-14.pdf

"
45. If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, you must show that you, the Tier 1 Migrant, or (for children) your other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom have at least £1890 to support you; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to prove they have enough money to support themselves.
46. If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, you must have £630 to support yourself.
47. For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application at the same time as their spouse and two children. They must show that they have £1890 for their spouse and a further £1890 for each child, in addition to £945 required for their own support. In total the family will require evidence that they hold £6615 in available funds (£1890 x 3 = £5670+£945).
48. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and their family had been present in the UK for two years, they would require evidence that they held £2835 (£630 x 3 = £1890 + £945) in available funds."

mightypower

Re: Maintenance requirement for dependent if applying outsid

Post by mightypower » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:36 pm

If you have lived in UK for more than 12 months

it will be £945+630+630

(assuming you have a dependant wife)