ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa4UK website -Dependant Tier1 General Migrant-Visa Option

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HelpThisPerson
Newly Registered

Visa4UK website -Dependant Tier1 General Migrant-Visa Option

Post by HelpThisPerson » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:22 pm

Hello,
Sorry if this question is too trivial for you but I have spent whole day trying to figure it out.

I have tier 1 general migrant work permit (not ILR yet) and have been in the UK since 2011. I got married on 3rd Oct 2014 and my wife is now applying for the dependant visa from Mumbai, India (she has never been to UK or out of india yet). As the website says she had to do it through vfsglobal.. so I have created her login password there and now she is filling in her details.

The website is https://visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/

When she starts filling the information at one stage are the following 3 questions with options from drop down menus. These questions have answers related to each other- choosing question 1 creates answers in Ques 2 and 3
Question 1: Reason for Visit: choices are- Visit, Study,Work,Settlement, Transit, Other, Exempt.

I am not having ILR yet so settlement is not right choice. choosing other "other" gives following answer choices for question 2: Visa Type: EEA/Swiss family member, Overseas territory & commonweath, Others

choosing "others" in question 2 gives
Question 3: Visa subtype: VIgnette transfer, Exercise the right of access to a child, replacement Biometric res permit, RIght of Abode Certificate of Entitlement.

Now none of the options let me choose

"Dependant of Tier 1 general migrant" or "dependant of Tier 1 Point based migrant" or something like that. I am not ILR yet. Please can you guide me what to do?

Thanks in advance

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: Visa4UK website -Dependant Tier1 General Migrant-Visa Op

Post by naveediiqbal » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:54 am

Did you try calling local visa dealing office. worth a try

sureshkk22

Post by sureshkk22 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:06 am

Work->Tier 1->dependant

HelpThisPerson
Newly Registered

Post by HelpThisPerson » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Thanks Suresh!!
:) you are genius.
I have started filling the form and have a few additional questions.

1. There is a section for "Main applicant". I guess that means me who has Tier 1 general migrant. I have the visa already but I will put my details anyways (right?)
2. There is a section "Family details". with subsection "Spouse/Partner". Firstly I presume Spouse/Partner refers to me not my wife right? so I guess again it will be my details. this question comes because it asks "current passport or travel document number". it does not say weather it should be my passport number or my wife's passport number who is applying.
3. It also asks questions about her father and Mother's details. They are unfortunately no more and she has therefore no document (passport or anything else) from them to confirm their details. (the question says enter details as per their passport).

sureshkk22

Post by sureshkk22 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:30 am

1. Yes
2. Yes your details
3. Just enter parents full name and date of birth