ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA national claiming benefits, 20 years in UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Anna2014
Newly Registered

EEA national claiming benefits, 20 years in UK

Post by Anna2014 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:01 am

I am an EU national (Polish) but I believe that I am not entitled to apply for permanent residence on EEA route as I have been claiming social funds (housing benefit, tax credits) for the last 7 1/2 years.
I have been in the UK since November 1994, first on student visas, then from 2001 I think self-employed, and from 2005 working as on basis of Poland being in EU. I was away from the UK for 9 months to give birth to my child from July 2006 to March 2007. The father of my child is British but I haven't been in touch with him since January 2006. I need to get Indefinite Leave to Remain as there is nothing for me in Poland after 20 years in UK. Could you please advise me on my options.
Thank you