ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can i do voluntary work on Tier 1 Ent visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stev.bris1
Newly Registered

Can i do voluntary work on Tier 1 Ent visa

Post by stev.bris1 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:42 pm

Hi,

Can we do voluntary work on Tier 1? I had a chance to work in a university lab voluntarily. This work can help me latter in my carrier. I am not quite sure that if university and supervisor allow me, will it be legal by home office to work voluntarily?

It will be simple work in my free time, which can be latter add on in my cv.

2nd case is of my friend, his appeal is in court for Tier 1. Can he also work with me voluntarily?

thanks for reply in advance.

stev.bris1
Newly Registered

Re: Can i do voluntary work on Tier 1 Ent visa

Post by stev.bris1 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:48 am

stev.bris1 wrote:Hi,

Can we do voluntary work on Tier 1? I had a chance to work in a university lab voluntarily. This work can help me latter in my carrier. I am not quite sure that if university and supervisor allow me, will it be legal by home office to work voluntarily?

It will be simple work in my free time, which can be latter add on in my cv.

2nd case is of my friend, his appeal is in court for Tier 1. Can he also work with me voluntarily?

thanks for reply in advance.

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:51 am

Yes you are allowed to do voluntary work. You can also eat, drink and take a shower everyday. :wink:

stev.bris1
Newly Registered

Post by stev.bris1 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:57 pm

nasirkhan wrote:Yes you are allowed to do voluntary work. You can also eat, drink and take a shower everyday. :wink:
thanks

Zaidii

Post by Zaidii » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:08 pm

nasirkhan wrote:Yes you are allowed to do voluntary work. You can also eat, drink and take a shower everyday. :wink:

@ nasirkhan
Well said

kamal99
Newly Registered

Post by kamal99 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:22 am

Guys I am heartbroken after receiving this email :( i really like to know what our experts this about this, as far as I see there is nothing illegal with helping your local community.

Dear xxxxx

Thank you very much for coming in to meet me………………….last week and also for sending the reference from ……………….. so quickly.

We have sought advice from the Home Office about your visa which indicates that a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa means we are unable to use your skills to fulfil a volunteer role that could be done by a member of staff. Obviously as……. is already doing the work we cannot say that the task is not completed by an employee.

We are all really disappointed with this news and I'm sure you will be too.

Thank you again for your interest in ………… and we wish you all the very best for the future

Kind regards
xxxxx