ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Passport Stamp- General visitor

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LuCC
Newly Registered

UK Passport Stamp- General visitor

Post by LuCC » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:24 pm

Hi,
I am from Brazil and I came to England this month to stay one month. At the UK Border, the officers asked me many questions, they left me 3 hours waiting and then they stamped my passport with "Leave to enter for six months (hand written)/ No work or resource to public funds" and they registered a code (hand written). But they said that I could not stay longer than the date of my ticket flight (1 month). My question is: Could I stay for one more month (two months in total)? A friend of mine is coming in december and he invited me to travel to another countries at Christmas and New Year. And then I would go back to Brazil from another country. I would not enter UK again. My only concern is about the alert that the officer made that I could not stay longer than my ticket, even he had stamped my passport for six months. If I stay longer (two months in total), should I have some problem at immigration?
Could someone help me?
Thanks in advance!!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: UK Passport Stamp- General visitor

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:05 am

Yes, you can stay longer but the next time you visit the UK you may be challenged and refused entry. So, no problem if returning is not a priority. What caused this event? If your ticket is de ida e volta within one month, did you mention to the official an intention to stay longer than that?

LuCC
Newly Registered

Post by LuCC » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:44 am

I bought my ticket in advanced and I did not realized I could face so many questions at UK Border since I have all documents with me. And I knew it that tourists are allowed to stay until 6 months, so I was not concerned with this if I decided to stay a little bit longer. And the special reason to stay one more month is to join my friend in this trip to another countries in Europe. I did not have plan this trip before buy my ticket.
There is any difference If I leave UK within one month or two months? I believe If I return to UK in future I will be questioned anyway.

Thanks for your opinion.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:00 am

LuCC wrote: There is any difference If I leave UK within one month or two months?
Yes. It will be noted. And there is a very good chance you be denied entry into the UK, should you ever wish to visit again, no matter how organized you are and what paperwork you have with you.
LuCC wrote: I believe If I return to UK in future I will be questioned anyway.
If you don't leave at the time they've specified, you may not be questioned for long, or much at all, on your next attempted visit. You may just be denied entry and that will be that.

After this trip, do you ever think you will want to return to the UK ever again? Do you think you might ever need to do a business trip to the UK in your future or will be invited to a wedding or something like that? These are the kind of questions you have to ask yourself.

If you never plan on returning to the UK again (or don't think you will have need to), then stay one more month. If you have plans to return someday, or think it might be necessary at some point, then inform your friend that you met some awkward border agents who were having a bad day, and that you will just have to miss seeing him/her this trip because of this silly restriction. Perhaps you guys can meet in another country later on anyway.

One positive, is that if you leave on time, the chances of you being allowed entry, possibly without any questions at all, go up considerably. Technically it shouldn't make a difference and each visit is judged on its own merits, but these people are human. If you show respect for their laws and restrictions, they are a lot more accommodating.
Last edited by ouflak1 on Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:02 am

I think it depends on:

1. If you're ever coming back to the UK.
2. How soon after this trip you will come back to the UK.

There is a good possibility that if they let you in next time, you'll get a stamp only allowing you to stay until the departure date of your flight.

LuCC
Newly Registered

Post by LuCC » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Thank you all,
You are right, it is a lot to thing about.
Kind Regards