ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother Visit Visa Rejected

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Mother Visit Visa Rejected

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:22 pm

Hi,
I wonder if I can get some help on appealing my mother's visitor visa which has been rejected today.

I am a british citizen and I was sponsoring the visit for my mother

I have just had a look at the refusal letter which she received and it looks to me like the immigration officer has not even read the visa application properly and all the points he has made are wrong.

to start with he mentioned that my mother applied for visit visa couple of years ago and it got rejected (thats right) but then he went on saying that she appealed and it was dismissed (not right because we never appealed that time).

secondly, in the application we clearly mentioned that we are 3 brothers and that I live in the UK and the other 2 live in Pakistan with mother. Well, the letter states that (to my mother) , 2 of your sons live in the UK and that there is no dependant (she has one dependant son). and that your plans are not to return back to Pakistan because you don't have any ties to Pakistan.

Also, I supplied all my original documents and certified copies of british passport etc and bank statement showing sufficent amount of money which they have not even looked at.

to add to the equation, visa got rejected on 14 August, and I had a call from an immigration officer in Sheffield on 12th August and he had a long chat with me about my mother's visa and he even said to me that the application looks ok to him and he cannot see any problems with the application and that he will be passing the info on to the caseworker which hasn't not been done.

I am going to appeal the decision but I want to know if there is anything else I can do in the meantime for them to reconsider the application or whether I can speak to UKBA here in the UK to get them to turn it around.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

qxoil

Re: Mother Visit Visa Rejected

Post by qxoil » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:44 am

hi there
really sorry to hear that, i would advice that to reapply and dont do appeal just try to clear all the objection. and write a good cover letter to the eco.
i would like to know your mum's case time line plz. when did she apply and where did from she apply from.
thanks

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:07 am

hi there,
I am not going to re-apply as they may reject it again for some bizzare reasons. I am going to appeal against it this time.

Applied from Islamabad and they decided within 2 weeks without reading the application.

thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:39 pm

innocentdevil wrote:hi there,
I am not going to re-apply as they may reject it again for some bizzare reasons. I am going to appeal against it this time.

Applied from Islamabad and they decided within 2 weeks without reading the application.

thanks
You can't appeal.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:53 am

You will need to reapply and and explain ECO discrepancies.
Answer each point carefully. Hopefully you may be lucky next time.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:25 am

why can't we appeal ?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:45 am

innocentdevil wrote:why can't we appeal ?
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/righ ... -abolished
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:34 am

thanks.

can't believe that.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:36 am

is there a number in the UK i can ring them on. I have already lodged a complaint to UKBA but it would be good if can speak to them and give them some bollocking

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:06 pm

Ringing up and having a go at someone who:

a) Has nothing whatsoever to do with the decision and
b) is paid peanuts to answer the call and look up answers on a computer

Will help anyone how?

M.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:50 am

ok uncle calm down :)

perhaps, UKBA needs to pull finger out of their arses and read the cases properly before sending a generic refusal letter to everyone.

I will complain and may be contact my MP on this.

regards
Kash

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:34 am

you provided documents from your side but you haven't mentioned whether your mother submitted any documents from her side to prove ties to the home country.

whether an appeal was made during previous rejection or number of dependant son in UK - these are minor issues and probably humar error or typo.

the key reason for rejection is not your ability to sponsor your mum's visit but lack of ties with home country - so unless any documents (e.g. property, finance, employment, business etc) were submitted to prove the case otherwise, your complain or contacting the MP will not make any difference.

if the applicant provided all required documents and showed evidence of ties with home country in the original application then you probably can argue

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:32 pm

Members are reminded to be respectful to each other.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:41 am

the documents provided by my mother to show that she has ties to country are below:

1. Property Documents (translated / attested by Court)
2. Documents (wage slips/letter) from the Workplace where her son works in Pakistan who lives with her/ ID Card
3. Documents and ID card of the dependant son who lives with the mother
4. Bank statement of the mother showing some funds

I think it does matter what caseworker puts in refusal letter. He has refused the application on the grounds of previous refusal and on wrong interpretation that she has no dependants in Pakistan to return to while it was clearly mentioned in the application about the dependent and the docs were included.

My argument is why should we re-apply and waste another application fee when the CW has not read the application properly. What is stopping CW from doing the same thing again and again.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:56 am

right an update.

I have spoken to my MP who is willing to assist me to get them to reconsider the application. They only do this when they are sure that there has been a mistake in reading the visa application which is the case in my mother's application

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:37 pm

another update,
I sent a complaint email to UKVI and a senior caseworker from Abu Dhabi has emailed me yesterday and they have accepted their mistake and are in process of reconsidering the application. Result.

qxoil

Post by qxoil » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:26 pm

@innocent devil
I really need your help. I want make a complain to abi dhabi office.it would n really really appreciated that of u could give me the email address of senior Eco and also I want to know which address u sent u email to ukvI. Please reply
Thanks

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:51 am

another update. Had a call from Abu Dhabi branch Duty ECO and they have now overturned the original decision and will now stamp the passport with visa.

So if you think a genuine mistake has been made as in my case then DO NOT re-apply, get them to reconsider it.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:00 am

good stuff. congratulations.

SameerSheikh

Post by SameerSheikh » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:55 pm

innocentdevil wrote:another update. Had a call from Abu Dhabi branch Duty ECO and they have now overturned the original decision and will now stamp the passport with visa.

So if you think a genuine mistake has been made as in my case then DO NOT re-apply, get them to reconsider it.
By re-applying, it means you have genuinely accepted the mistake which is not good. So best way(If you are not in rush) to always make them re-consider. Otherwise everytime you move in back to UK , they keep asking you weird questions about refusal reasons. Thats my personal experience too.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:04 pm

exactly my point.

re-applying also means you pay the FEE again, you get the supporting docs updated etc etc etc.

my mothers visa got refused around 14th august and it took a month to get them to reconsider / re-issue so it takes same amount of time I think

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:08 pm

btw - were the contact details of Abu Dhabi ECO Sr caseworker mentioned in the refusal letter? if not, how did you find out the info?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:07 pm

I originally sent my complaint to UKVI in here. It then got fowarded to ECO at Abu Dhabi. I then received an email from ECM at Abu Dhabi branch (no names were mentioned) to let me know of the mistakes and reconsideration.

I then had a call from Abu Dhabi branch on Monday and was told about decision and the person also stated he sent me an email so I asked him to stay on phone while I checked my emails and thats about it.

I did contact my MP but by the time my MP got the ball rolling, I was contacted by UKBA. I have to say it was very quick taking into account, I sent my original complaint around 18th August.

mannamamoon
Newly Registered

Post by mannamamoon » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:30 am

Hi. My mother applied from Pakistan for the family visit and she got refused 3 days ago by saying that she did not show enough ties from pakistan as she mentioned that she lives with 3 sons n 3 daughter in laws n plenty of grand children (these ties should be enough). They said you r widow n unemployed why will u come back from uk, she is 63 years old n unemployed. Who on earth works at this age. She showed her properties in Pakistan n my brother's bank statement who is the sponsor. But they have given some ridiculous excuses n refused her. They also said that you haven't travelled anywhere where immigration apply. My mom submitted 6 old passports full of stamps of u.k Singapore Malaysia Sri Lanka dubai n saudi arabia. I request you to please give me the email address of eco in abu dhabi so that i can email them about this. I will really appreciate that. Thanks

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:52 pm

you need to either email UKVI complaints or post them a letter explaining the refusal points and why you think the CW has not looked at the case properly.

details are:

Email: complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Address:

Complaints Allocation Hub
Central Point of Receipt
11th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

they then look at the application and if they think they have made the mistake, they will automatically pass it on to relevant VAC.