ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

double sided/ duplex or single sided printing

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jam_27
Newly Registered

double sided/ duplex or single sided printing

Post by jam_27 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:08 pm

Hi,

Should I print my Set O form single sided or double sided (duplex) printing is allowed? Are there UKBA instructions on this anywhere?

Thanks.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Re: double sided/ duplex or single sided printing

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:33 pm

All HO application forms should be printed single side on each page. For example if form pages are 30 then the printing should be on 30 pages instead 15 pages. If you print from outside printing shops then it will cost you same :D

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:15 pm

Universal soldier wrote:All HO application forms should be printed single side on each page. For example if form pages are 30 then the printing should be on 30 pages instead 15 pages. If you print from outside printing shops then it will cost you same :D
Could you please tell me where it is said that the form should be printed single sided?
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:51 pm

Double/Single both will work
but remember there is one page in form
''This page is intentionally blank''
print this page only one side

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 pm

Subtle wrote:
Universal soldier wrote:All HO application forms should be printed single side on each page. For example if form pages are 30 then the printing should be on 30 pages instead 15 pages. If you print from outside printing shops then it will cost you same :D
Could you please tell me where it is said that the form should be printed single sided?
The printing cost is same then why print the form single side and make your writing illegible on the other hand :mrgreen:

Subtle

Post by Subtle » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:25 pm

Malik44 wrote:Double/Single both will work
but remember there is one page in form
''This page is intentionally blank''
print this page only one side
Thats not correct actually. "This page is intentionally left blank" is there when you have odd number of pages before this page and the caseworker wants to split your application after this page.

So printing double sided or single sided, either way it doesn't matter.
The views and opinions expressed in this post are exclusively mine and must be assumed as advice only. These do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any representative of the UK Home Office.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:58 am

Repeating again but more clearly that printing shops normally charge between £0.10-0.15 per page regardless of single/double side then why not print one side per new sheet to make sure that ink do not spoil the page on other side.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:49 am

Universal soldier wrote:Repeating again but more clearly that printing shops normally charge between £0.10-0.15 per page regardless of single/double side then why not print one side per new sheet to make sure that ink do not spoil the page on other side.
I used double sided and it was perfectly fine.The ink did not spread and the peo was ok with it. Either way is ok so go with the most cost effective one.

fielddrive

Post by fielddrive » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:54 am

from being here over 10 years and helping other people with numerous applications (not a solicitor) I can tell you printing on both sides is NOT a problem.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:32 pm

pelen23 wrote:
Universal soldier wrote:Repeating again but more clearly that printing shops normally charge between £0.10-0.15 per page regardless of single/double side then why not print one side per new sheet to make sure that ink do not spoil the page on other side.
I used double sided and it was perfectly fine.The ink did not spread and the peo was ok with it. Either way is ok so go with the most cost effective one.
When the printing cost is same then why not print the form single side for filling and making it more easily readable. Donot give any silly reason to caseworker and many times caseworker behave like child. Double side printing can definitely damage the other side by ink spills/appearing writing on other page and many times attaching picture to form can damage other end. For better presentation I will still suggest single side printing.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:50 am

Universal soldier wrote:
pelen23 wrote:
When the printing cost is same then why not print the form single side for filling and making it more easily readable. Donot give any silly reason to caseworker and many times caseworker behave like child. Double side printing can definitely damage the other side by ink spills/appearing writing on other page and many times attaching picture to form can damage other end. For better presentation I will still suggest single side printing.
Double sided print doesn't damage anything if you use a proper printer , paper and a pen There is no reason to double number of pages when either way is accepted. I got my ILR using a double sided application form last Monday and my appointment last only 55 mins . Not even a single question from the case worker. We need to simply the things, not complicating them.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:13 am

I don't think the same printer/pen/paper/handwriting you used everyone will have (common sense need here), isn't it? Even attaching picture can damage the other side of page if someone using double side.

pelen23

Post by pelen23 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:40 am

Universal soldier wrote:I don't think the same printer/pen/paper/handwriting you used everyone will have (common sense need here), isn't it? Even attaching picture can damage the other side of page if someone using double side.
Well , you said it . It is "common sense".i used it and they accepted it. I give you a real life example you go with an assumption. jam_27 wanted to know if he could use double sided application form Even page 5 of the application form says that if you double sided blah blah so The answer is yes. Re attaching picture I let the case worker do it I only attached it with paper clips. Continuing this discussion is truly pointless.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:16 am

pelen23 wrote:
Universal soldier wrote:I don't think the same printer/pen/paper/handwriting you used everyone will have (common sense need here), isn't it? Even attaching picture can damage the other side of page if someone using double side.
Well , you said it . It is "common sense".i used it and they accepted it. I give you a real life example you go with an assumption. jam_27 wanted to know if he could use double sided application form Even page 5 of the application form says that if you double sided blah blah so The answer is yes. Re attaching picture I let the case worker do it I only attached it with paper clips. Continuing this discussion is truly pointless.
Thanks for confirming to use common sense. Single side printing has far more positive merits which will lacks in double side printing, the same openly mention above. Still arguing on this fact will equal to be eating 100 onions or 100 shoe which is a same thing.