ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

reentry visa Q

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

myimmigrationboards

reentry visa Q

Post by myimmigrationboards » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi Everyone,
just looking to find out if someone has applied for re-entry visa? how is the Q? how early do we need to go? or how long are they taking if applying by post, when i checked last time INIS website says they are processing application received on 15 August 2014 :shock: it cant be wright? shouldn't take that long for re entry visa. please share your recent experience. thanks

catch_hunter

Re: reentry visa Q

Post by catch_hunter » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:18 pm

myimmigrationboards wrote: just looking to find out if someone has applied for re-entry visa? how is the Q? how early do we need to go?
Try to be there before morning 6 AM. If you reach after 7 AM, it is highly likely that you won't get the ticket for the day.

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:40 am

Thanks catch_hunter, Has anybody recently applied by post and how long did it take?

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:48 am

Hi All,

My wife needs to renew Her re entry visa soon, how's the queue these days?
When we tried to renew it last month, We arrived at around 7:30 and the queue outside was veeeeery long and therefore we gave up.
Anyone renewed the visa recently?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:11 am

Queue is still mental, at 9:00am there was no ticket, people were queuing up from mid night. I wouldn't recommend to go for the re-entry these days. This is foreign students time. Try end of November/ start of December and things would be back to normal.

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:43 am

Thanks CalvinKlien.

At what day did you go?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:57 am

Thursday and than Wednesday

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:59 am

Thanks.

Will try to go in 2 weeks time and hopefully there won't be that much people queuing.

Gronti
Newly Registered

Post by Gronti » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Beachboy wrote:Thanks.

Will try to go in 2 weeks time and hopefully there won't be that much people queuing.
Hi, I was very disappointed today,as I have recently been granted citizenship(22/09/14) my wife applied today for multi-entry visa,she was declined the free service as spouse of irish citizen and asked to pay 100 euro,I wonder did any body came across something similar as I am intending to take further action, their excuse was that she had her stamp 4 in her passport before I got my citizenship, though she is currently at the time of application spouse of Irish citizen

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Hi Gronti,

At what time did you came to the INIS office? How was the queue today?

Thanks a lot

catch_hunter

Post by catch_hunter » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Gronti wrote:
Beachboy wrote:Thanks.

Hi, I was very disappointed today,as I have recently been granted citizenship(22/09/14) my wife applied today for multi-entry visa,she was declined the free service as spouse of irish citizen and asked to pay 100 euro,I wonder did any body came across something similar as I am intending to take further action, their excuse was that she had her stamp 4 in her passport before I got my citizenship, though she is currently at the time of application spouse of Irish citizen
It is not fair. Did your wife pay the €100?
If she did not pay, what if she renews her GNIB card based on your Irish passport and then gets the re-entry visa. I know it does not make any sense to renew the GNIB when she already has a valid GNIB but if it works then it is better than paying €100 fee.

Any ways I definitely recommend complaining about this to INIS >> http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000003
I am not sure if Solvit can be involved here >> http://www.solvitireland.ie/About-Us/

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:47 pm

Any chance you could help me with my question Gronti?

myimmigrationboards

Post by myimmigrationboards » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:55 pm

yes please could you tell us what time did u go there and how was the Q? and how long did it take for ur turn?
i looks like they came up with this excuse to make money i think u should make a complain or just try again with the hope to see a different officer.