ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWE TO VOLUNTEER WITH TIER 1 ENT

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kamal99
Newly Registered

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWE TO VOLUNTEER WITH TIER 1 ENT

Post by kamal99 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:33 am

Guys I am surprised after receiving this email  I really like to know what our experts think about this, as far as I see there is nothing illegal with helping your local community.

Dear xxxxx

Thank you very much for coming in to meet me………………….last week and also for sending the reference from ……………….. so quickly.

We have sought advice from the Home Office about your visa which indicates that a Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa means we are unable to use your skills to fulfil a volunteer role that could be done by a member of staff. Obviously as……. is already doing the work we cannot say that the task is not completed by an employee.

We are all really disappointed with this news and I'm sure you will be too.

Thank you again for your interest in ………… and we wish you all the very best for the future

Kind regards
xxxxx

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: YOU ARE NOT ALLOWE TO VOLUNTEER WITH TIER 1 ENT

Post by ishfaqsangra » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:02 am

I dont understand how Enterprenuer gonna work then,
Any organization who have employees can train or assign extra duties to them so what a consultant /adviser can do for them
It means consultancy business should not be allowed/even marketing tasks can be assigned to employees

if they really say that an Enterpreneur should do work which could not be done by an employee of the organization,then it would not be practically possible.

This is so ridiculous from HOME Office

Is'nt it?

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:15 am

May I ask what were you volunteering for ??????

kamal99
Newly Registered

Post by kamal99 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:46 am

It was a finance volunteer role

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:48 am

kamal99 wrote:It was a finance volunteer role
What charity was it for ???????

ssb27

Post by ssb27 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:29 pm

Were you volunteering to gain experience? Because if it isn't a charity you are volunteering to then it looks like you are doing it for your benefit not others.
Maybe HO want you to use your time to develop your business, not other people's business.

kamal99
Newly Registered

Post by kamal99 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:15 pm

ssb27 wrote:Were you volunteering to gain experience? Because if it isn't a charity you are volunteering to then it looks like you are doing it for your benefit not others.
Maybe HO want you to use your time to develop your business, not other people's business.
I understand your point but it's a charity, and I did not steal anyone's opportunity like that, I basically offer my help in return I get some experience. They didn't even have an idea of getting a volunteer until I went and offer my help, so no one is loosing anything because me getting some experience and it's just 3 hours per week. in terms of my business perspective, it helps me to build some valuable local contacts and business reference

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:58 pm

kamal99 wrote:I understand your point but it's a charity, and I did not steal anyone's opportunity like that, I basically offer my help in return I get some experience. They didn't even have an idea of getting a volunteer until I went and offer my help, so no one is loosing anything because me getting some experience and it's just 3 hours per week. in terms of my business perspective, it helps me to build some valuable local contacts and business reference
I know where you are coming from but this is not volunteering per se. Its an unpaid job which you are not doing from the goodness of your heart or for the life hereafter. You are just not receiving the wage instead you are getting something else like job experience, certificate etc. You are not and should not be allowed to do this on a T1 E visa. Getting away with it is another thing once you are in, as there is not way HO will be able to get a clue.

No one can stop you from volunteering your services for good of the community and general public. Now that you didn't get the opportunity, start volunteering those 3 hours just for the sake of it and I can assure you huge dividends will await you not only in this life but beyond.

stev.bris1
Newly Registered

Post by stev.bris1 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:09 pm

nasirkhan wrote:
kamal99 wrote:I understand your point but it's a charity, and I did not steal anyone's opportunity like that, I basically offer my help in return I get some experience. They didn't even have an idea of getting a volunteer until I went and offer my help, so no one is loosing anything because me getting some experience and it's just 3 hours per week. in terms of my business perspective, it helps me to build some valuable local contacts and business reference
I know where you are coming from but this is not volunteering per se. Its an unpaid job which you are not doing from the goodness of your heart or for the life hereafter. You are just not receiving the wage instead you are getting something else like job experience, certificate etc. You are not and should not be allowed to do this on a T1 E visa. Getting away with it is another thing once you are in, as there is not way HO will be able to get a clue.

No one can stop you from volunteering your services for good of the community and general public. Now that you didn't get the opportunity, start volunteering those 3 hours just for the sake of it and I can assure you huge dividends will await you not only in this life but beyond.
Dear Nasirkhan,

Thanks for your valuable posts. Dear in one of my earlier post about voluntary work, you responded that i can do it. In my case,i will also get some reference letter at the end, which can help me latter. But now in about reply, you are saying that "You are not and should not be allowed to do this on a T1 E visa". So can you please clear me the answer. Or I should also send an email to HO.

Any more comments will be highly appreciated.

Regards

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Post by nasirkhan » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:54 pm

stev.bris1 wrote:Dear Nasirkhan,

Thanks for your valuable posts. Dear in one of my earlier post about voluntary work, you responded that i can do it. In my case,i will also get some reference letter at the end, which can help me latter. But now in about reply, you are saying that "You are not and should not be allowed to do this on a T1 E visa". So can you please clear me the answer. Or I should also send an email to HO.

Regards
Dear,

Let me first clarify that people here are neither Home Office reps nor immigration lawyers. Advice here is just a lead or a clarification which should only guide you and help you in your immigration endeavours - You should never follow it blindly. I am still of the same opinion - How can they not allow voluntary work ? However when your employer[sic] checks your status with UKBA, they decide if you be allowed or not. I would think that just the query and the formal assignment of duties goes against the grain of voluntary work and hence the negative response as happened with the other guy here. If your employer [sic] hires you, what is stopping you from doing it ?

Again do your own research and then make up your mind. Good Luck to you and me too as I am expecting decision on my visa application sometime this month.

stev.bris1
Newly Registered

Post by stev.bris1 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:03 pm

nasirkhan wrote:
stev.bris1 wrote:Dear Nasirkhan,

Regards
Dear,

Let me first clarify that people here are neither Home Office reps nor immigration lawyers. Advice here is just a lead or a clarification which should only guide you and help you in your immigration endeavours - You should never follow it blindly. I am still of the same opinion - How can they not allow voluntary work ? However when your employer[sic] checks your status with UKBA, they decide if you be allowed or not. I would think that just the query and the formal assignment of duties goes against the grain of voluntary work and hence the negative response as happened with the other guy here. If your employer [sic] hires you, what is stopping you from doing it ?

Again do your own research and then make up your mind. Good Luck to you and me too as I am expecting decision on my visa application sometime this month.
Sorry brother if any thing hurted you. Inshaallah you will get positive response. Some time, with business, there are many things which are important for our future. In 3 years time, we can do a lot along with business. Best wishes for you again and please continue to guide us in future also.
Regards