ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to fill absences if got 10 years ILR, please kindly help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Maxwell

How to fill absences if got 10 years ILR, please kindly help

Post by Maxwell » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:44 pm

Hello :)

I am kind of stuck on Absences section 2.1 and 2.2

Here is what's in the Guide AN to this sections of the form:
2.1 Enter the day you first arrived with a view to staying in the UK on a long-term basis, and the airport or seaport through which you then entered. If this is less than 5 years before the date on which we receive the application, or less than 3 years before this date if you are married to or the civil partner of a British citizen, you might not meet the residence requirement (see pages 4 and 5 of the Booklet AN) and your application may be unsuccessful.
2.2 Fill in this table showing the periods you have been away from the UK during the last 5 years (3 years if you are married to or in a civil partnership with a British citizen). Insert the number of days you were away from the UK in the last column ignoring the day you left and the day you arrived back in the UK.

Me and my wife got ILR on 10 years legal residence status. Did not have a lot of absences. So no worries with this. Main questions are: In 2.1 should we put our first arrival date on student visa which was 11+ years ago (as was first arrival date for 10 years ILR) ?

Then in 2.2: Should we put absences only for last 5 years or it would be better to put for last 11+ years from the date we first arrived?

UPDATE:
I found answers myself, so no need to help me now with this :D
Last edited by Maxwell on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maxwell

Re: How to fill absences if got 10 years ILR, please kindly

Post by Maxwell » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:07 pm

Last edited by Maxwell on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maxwell

Re: How to fill absences if got 10 years ILR, please kindly

Post by Maxwell » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:56 pm