ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documentation for Long Term Residency

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

southernboy
Newly Registered

Documentation for Long Term Residency

Post by southernboy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:31 pm

Hello,

In September 2013, I applied for Long Term Residency in Ireland. I just today got a letter from them saying that they "are now in a position to submit your case for further process". However, they require more documentation. Two of the three things they ask for are no problem at all. They want a copy of my current GNIB card...that's no problems, they want a letter from my employer on company letterhead stating that I am still employed...that's no problem. The third thing however I don't have, "A copy of my current contract of employment". I work at a small family owned business, I was never asked to sign a contract. I have worked at this business for over four years. But now that I think about...I have worked at three different places since I arrived in Ireland and none have asked me to sign a contact. According to the internet, the contract between an employer and employee doesn't have to be in writing so I am wondering what I can submit for this. Should I just leave it out...submit something else? Any help would be appreciated.

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: Documentation for Long Term Residency

Post by banana07 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:26 pm

contract is not mandatory, you can simply write a small cover letter saying: I do not have actual contract in writing, but you can contact my employer (details on employment letter) and ask them.. or better yet, download standard contract and let your employer print it and sign it (if thats no hassle to them)..

important:
p60 or p21
letter of employment
salary slips (best proof and they dont even look at contract or letter of employment if they see that you are ACTUALLY getting paid)
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

southernboy
Newly Registered

Re: Documentation for Long Term Residency

Post by southernboy » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Thanks for the reply. I might just get my employer to include in the letter that he does not require his employee's to sign a contract and since it will have his signature on it this way, maybe it will satisfy them. I hope that if it doesn't, they will give me a chance to provide more information and not just deny my application. I can provide a payslip as needed but I really don't want to do that unless I have too. I know they want to make sure that I am paying taxes and all but I don't really feel like it is anybody's business how much money I make.